The Professional Golfers' Association (PGA) Golf Management program provides a rewarding atmosphere, and is designed to attract and educate motivated students seeking careers as golf professionals. The PGA Golf Management is accredited by PGA of America and one of 19 accredited programs in the US, the only one in the Northwest.
Upon completion of our five-year program, students will earn a Bachelors of Science degree in Business with a major in Marketing and a PGA Golf Management option. Our program has had 100% job placement since inception.
- PGA students take 16 months of internship credit in golf operations, typically 3 months per summer for three summers and then a summer/fall seven month internship.
- Golf is a $75 billion industry.
- Five students are selected annually to participate in the Jones Cup Tournament, which is a PGA of America tournament among the 19 accredited programs.
- PGA students are offered the opportunity to attend the PGA Merchandise show annually, which is the largest golf show in the world.
- One student attends the PGA Leadership Conference at the PGA Annual Meeting, which is sponsored by PGA of America.
- PGA students must pass three levels of PGA requirements and PGA testing.
- PGA students must pass the Player Ability Test administered by PGA.
- PGA students must pass a background check to become a PGA Class A member.
- PGA students must be a US citizen or resident align to be a PGA member.
- Students play in tournaments within the PGA Golf Management club.