Managing the Organization
Campus Week – Moscow
- External Analysis
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking
- Team Building and Group Dynamics
The intensive first week emphasizes group dynamics in order to prepare participants for working in their Executive MBA study group as well as using group processes within their organization.
Use a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to understand their own strengths and weaknesses.
Identify their developmental needs as well as understand how they can effectively contribute to a team.
To use quantitative modeling and statistical analysis to understand and diagnose complex business issues as well as determine feasible actions.
The rational decision-making process and the integrative program themes are used to introduce decision making and critical thinking. Participants begin by developing an understanding of environmental scanning.
First Semester – Coeur d’ Alene
- Strategic Business Communication
- The Environmental, Cultural, and Global Context of Business
- Financial Reporting and Financial Management
The first semester examines the challenges and opportunities of the global business environment and the interface between business, society, and the natural environment.
How to manage complex systems.
Use macro-economic principles to identify and address organizational issues and opportunities.
How an organization can maximize performance by being good corporate citizens, practicing stewardship of our planet’s resources, and understanding various ethical perspectives.
- Financial reporting and management are presented as primary business decision-making tools from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Internal relationships are explored through the study of motivation, compensation, and non-financial rewards.
Second Semester – Coeur d’Alene
- Strategy Formulation and Execution
- Social Responsibility and Ethical Leadership
- Launching New Products and Services
- Strategic Cost and Process Management
- Managing Relationships to Influence Behavior
The second semester examines how to develop strategies to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage.
- How to sustain organizational growth and enhance quality through developing new products and services.
- How to use strategic cost management to forecast and monitor performance.
- Create and manage work processes and determine and manage the costs associated with those work processes.
- The development and maintenance of exchange relationships with employees and customers concludes the first year’s experience.