College of Business and Economics
Assistant Professor of Marketing
Ph.D. in Marketing, Washington State University, 2009
M.S. in Statistics, Washington State University, 2009
B.A. in Business Administration, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, 1999
Berna Devezer is currently Assistant Professor of Marketing in the Department of Business in the College of Business and Economics at University of Idaho. Dr. Devezer completed her M.S. in Statistics and her Ph.D. in Marketing with a specialization in Consumer Behavior the Washington State University. Before joining the University of Idaho, Dr. Devezer taught in the Marketing Department at Michigan State University.
Dr. Devezer's research interests include consumer motivation and self-regulation, self-fulfilling prophecy, consumer-brand interactions, and the understanding and application of scientific and statistical methods in social sciences. Her research has been featured in the Journal of Marketing and the Journal of Retailing.
- Devezer, Berna, David E. Sprott, Eric R. Spangenberg, and Sandor Czellar (2014), “Consumer Well-Being: Effects of Subgoal Failures and Goal Importance,” Journal of Marketing, 78 (2), 118-34.
- Joireman, Jeff, Yany Grégoire, Berna Devezer, and Tom Tripp (2013), “When Do Customers Offer Firms a ‘Second Chance’ Following a Double Deviation? The Impact of Inferred Firm Motives on Customer Revenge and Reconciliation,” Journal of Retailing, 89 (3), 315-37.
Manuscripts under Review
- Ioannis Kareklas, Berna Devezer, David E. Sprott, and Eric R. Spangenberg, “Nothing So Complex as an Apparently Simple Phenomenon: A Meta-Analytic Review of the Question- Behavior Effect,” (at the Journal of Consumer Psychology).
- Kunter Gunasti and Berna Devezer, “How Competitor Brands Influence Within-Brand Choices: Alphanumeric Brand Names as Unique Product Attributes,” (at the Marketing Letters).
- Berna Devezer and Kivilcim Dogerlioglu Demir, “Self-Schema as Goal Standard: Understanding Self-Regulation via Sequential Behaviors,” prepared for submission to Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.
- Berna Devezer and Erkan O. Buzbas, “Replicability and Reproducibility of Research Findings”. (B)
- Berna Devezer and Kunter Gunasti, “Alphanumeric Brand Names and Consumer Price Perceptions,” targeted for the Journal of Marketing Research.
- Michael A. McCollough, Berna Devezer, and George Tanner, “The Elevator Pitch Reimagined,” targeted for Entrepreneurship Journal.
- Sanjay R. Sisodiya, Berna Devezer, and Steven R. Shook, “An Investigation of Movie Sequels as Special Case of Line Extensions”.
- Recipient of theThiessen Family Excellence in Research Awards, College of Business and Economics, University of Idaho, 2013.
- AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow, University of Missouri, 2008. ACR North America Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Memphis, TN, 2007.
- Robert A. Mittelstaedt Doctoral Symposium Fellow, University of Nebraska, 2007.