U.S. Bank Trading Floor Features:
- 600 square feet
- 22 trading stations
- Trading platforms: Thinkorswim and Oak Trading Systems
- Three 55-inch flat screen monitors
- Bloomberg terminal for real-time market analysis and trading
- Morningstar Direct investment research database
- Interactive Market Wall with live market data
- 20-foot ticker display
The focus of the Barker Program is on risk and money management. The approach is founded on the belief that hands-on learning plays a critical role in the development of capital management strategies and skills. The goals of the program are to:
- Introduce students to trading and risk management strategies.
- Enable student exploration of markets for securities, options and futures.
- Promote interdisciplinary cooperation across the land grant elements of the university.
- Create job and career opportunities for our students.
The program is unique in that it provides the opportunity for students to trade a range of securities including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, and derivatives. Students who qualify trade individually funded accounts. Students also have the opportunity to participate as part of an investment team with portfolio allocations that span a range of asset classes. Traders and portfolio teams execute their own trades and develop risk management policies for their accounts.