The Department of Accounting at the University of Idaho College of Business and Economics provides a collaborative learning environment that prepares students to be responsible accounting professionals. We deliver two high quality accounting programs, Undergraduate Accounting and a Master of Accountancy that encompass the relevant features of a dynamic accounting and business environment. Also accounting students are able to engage in Experiential Learning
opportunities and research that makes meaningful contributions to the accounting professions, our support of the state and the academic community.
Department of Accounting Mission
We provide a collaborative learning environment that prepares our students to be responsible accounting professionals. We prepare our students to succeed personally and professionally while exhibiting high ethical standards. As a land grant university we have a primary responsibility to serve the citizens of Idaho. We also recruit students regionally and we attract students from other states and other countries.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Delivering a high quality program of accounting studies that encompasses the relevant features of a dynamic accounting and business environment:
- For undergraduate students, deliver general preparation in accounting to provide a foundation for future study or employment.
- For graduate students, build upon the foundation to prepare for an accounting career.
Providing experiential learning opportunities for our students.
- Engaging in research that makes meaningful contributions to accounting practice and accounting education.
- Delivering and supporting outreach programs that build on our competencies within the college and meet the needs of our stakeholders.
- Sharing our accounting expertise in support of our state, our professions and the academic community.