The Department of Accounting at the University of Idaho College of Business and Economics provides a collaborative learning environment that prepares students to be responsible accounting professionals. We deliver two high quality accounting programs, Undergraduate Accounting and a Master of Accountancy that encompass the relevant features of a dynamic accounting and business environment. Also accounting students are able to engage in Hands-on Learning
opportunities and research that makes meaningful contributions to the accounting professions, our support of the state and the academic community.
Department of Accounting Mission
We provide a collaborative learning environment that prepares our students to be responsible accounting professionals. We prepare our students to succeed personally and professionally while exhibiting high ethical standards. As a land grant university we have a primary responsibility to serve the citizens of Idaho. We also recruit students regionally and we attract students from other states and other countries.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Delivering a high quality program of accounting studies that encompasses the relevant features of a dynamic accounting and business environment:
- For undergraduate students, deliver general preparation in accounting to provide a foundation for future study or employment.
- For graduate students, build upon the foundation to prepare for an accounting career.
Providing experiential learning opportunities for our students.
- Engaging in research that makes meaningful contributions to accounting practice and accounting education.
- Delivering and supporting outreach programs that build on our competencies within the college and meet the needs of our stakeholders.
- Sharing our accounting expertise in support of our state, our professions and the academic community.