Albertson Building, Room 306
Phone: (208) 885-7141
Toll Free Phone: (800) 960-3033
Albertston Building, Room 306A
Albertston Building, Room 306A
Albertson Building, Room 305
The University of Idaho College of Business and Economics (CBE) is committed to the special concerns of the transfer student, and we are here to help you through the transition. The following steps will get you started:
Step 1 - Apply for Admission
Send your official transcripts from all colleges and universities that you have previously attended along with any AP/IB credit to:
University of Idaho
PO Box 444264
Moscow, ID 83844-4264
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions will automatically forward your transcripts to the University of Idaho Registrar for formal evaluation and posting to VandalWeb.
- After you have been admitted and your transcripts have arrived, contact Debbie Moos: (208) 885-5036 She will evaluate your transcript.
- To learn if your classes will transfer as equivalent classes, use our Equivalency Guides
- Contact Debbie to inform her of the classes you are currently taking that might not be on your transcripts yet.
- You can also check your Degree Audit via your Vandal Web account (Vandal Web login required ) to see which classes have transferred in and which classes you still need to complete.
- Find your selected courses on the Web CLASS SCHEDULE (login is not required)
- Click appropriate semester (Fall/Spring), All Courses
- Look up each course that you have selected
- Add class registration number (CRN), days and time information to your registration worksheet. The CRN is the unique number for each class that is input during the registration process.
Be sure you select courses that do not create a time conflict
- Details on How to Read the Online Class Schedule Days are listed as MTWRF, and R refers to Thursday. For example, if you see TR, this means the course is offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Your registration worksheet should now be completed.
- You will not be able to register until your adviser's hold has been removed.
- E-mail the list of courses you selected to your academic advisor, Debbie Moos.
- Once your schedule is approved, your advisor's hold will be removed and you can register for classes.
- Each semester, students must meet with their academic advisor to review classes before the advisor's hold is removed. Once the hold is removed, you will be able to register at the appropriate time based on class standing.
- You are now ready to register, Vandal Web login required
- Detailed instructions can be found at Vandal Account Set-up.
- To log in you will need your ID# (example: 111-99999). This was provided to you from the Admission's Office. You will also need your PIN#. Initially your PIN number will be your birthday, but the year will be zero zero (example: mmdd00). You will be asked to change your PIN number. Change it to something you will remember and/or write it down.
- NOTE: Login will become automatically disabled after five attempts are entered incorrectly. Before you get locked out click Reset PIN.
- After you are logged in, click Student Information/Registration Menu, Registration Menu, Add/Drop Classes, select correct term (Fall/Spring). You should be looking at the registration menu with slots to input the CRN numbers. Type in the CRN numbers and click Submit.
- The screen will refresh, scroll down to look at entire screen. The system will display your registered classes.
- If a class has already met its enrollment limit, red text will display if the waitlist option is available. You must add yourself to the wait list. You must click Submit again to be added to a wait list. The system will NOT automatically add you to a wait list.
- Go back to the Registration menu (you will still be logged in) and scroll to the bottom of the page. Select Student Schedule by Day and Time. This will display your weekly schedule and also indicate if you have created any time conflicts in your schedule. If you have time conflicts, you will have to go back and select a different time/days for the appropriate class(es).
IMPORTANT WAIT LIST INFORMATION. The last three columns on the Web class schedule provide enrollment information - Max Enroll, Current Enroll, and Open Seats. Once registration begins the Open Seats column adjusts. When the course hits its maximum enrollment limit the Wait List option becomes available.
When possible, choose classes that have Open Seats (these numbers update once every night; therefore, they may not be accurate during the day). You can put yourself on multiple wait lists for the same class different section, to increase your odds of getting into the class. You cannot put yourself on a waitlist for a class that you are registered for.
The computer does not automatically put you on a wait list. You must choose this option from the Registration Screen, on the pull down menu. Select Wait List and click Submit again.
How do you know if you get added to a wait list? The computer will automatically generate an e-mail to your VandalMail account letting you know you were added. Or, you can check your registration schedule to see if it has been added.