Congratulations on deciding to complete your 4-year business degree at the leading business school in the Northwest.
The University of Idaho College of Business and Economics (CBE) is committed to the special concerns of the transfer student, and we are here to help you through the transition. The following steps will get you started:
Step 1 - Apply for Admission
Send your official transcripts from all colleges and universities that you have previously attended along with any AP/IB credit to:
University of Idaho
PO Box 444264
Moscow, ID 83844-4264
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions will automatically forward your transcripts to the University of Idaho Registrar for formal evaluation and posting to VandalWeb.
Step 2-Transcript Evaluation
- After you have been admitted and your transcripts have arrived, contact Debbie Moos: (208) 885-5036. She will evaluate your transcript.
- To learn if your classes will transfer as equivalent classes, use our Equivalency Guides.
- Contact Debbie to inform her of the classes you are currently taking that might not be on your transcripts yet.
- You can also check your Degree Audit via your Vandal Web account (Vandal Web login required) to see which classes have transferred in and which classes you still need to complete.
Advisor Hold Transcript8
- You will not be able to register until your adviser's hold has been removed.
- E-mail the list of courses you selected to your academic advisor, Debbie Moos.
- Once your schedule is approved, your advisor's hold will be removed and you can register for classes.
- Each semester, students must meet with their academic advisor to review classes before the advisor's hold is removed. Once the hold is removed, you will be able to register at the appropriate time based on class standing.
Step 4- Registration Worksheet
Step 5- Selecting Classes
- Find your selected courses on the Web CLASS SCHEDULE (login is not required).
- Click appropriate semester (Fall/Spring), All Courses.
- Look up each course that you have selected.
- Courses can be found using abbreviations (example: Math = Math, English = ENGL, Bus = Business).
- Days are listed as MTWRF, and R refers to Thursday. For example, if you see TR, this means the course is offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Refer to the three columns on the right to determine if seats are available. These columns provide information on Maximum Enrollment, Current Enrollment and Open Seats. Select courses with Open Seats.
- The column on the left is the Course Registration Number (CRN). The CRN is the unique number required to register for each class.
- On the registration worksheet write down the CRNs, Course Subject and Number, Days and Time of each class, and be sure to avoid time conflicts.
- When possible choose classes that have Open Seats. You cannot put yourself on a wait list for a class that you are registered for.
- IMPORTANT Wait List information.
Your registration worksheet should now be completed.
Step 6 – You are now ready to register, Vandal Web login required.
you have registered for classes:
- Always view your Schedule-Week At A Glance to check for time conflicts.
- At the bottom of the Registration menu (you will still be logged in), select Schedule-Week At A Glance. This will display your weekly schedule and indicate if there are time conflicts in your class schedule (noted in red text at the bottom of this screen). If you have time conflicts, you will have to go back and select a different time/days for the appropriate class(es).
Step 7- Contact us if you have questions
Please contact Debbie Moos
at 208-885-5036 or Karen Gillespie
at 208-885-6853 if you have any questions. Our toll free number is 800-960-3033.