Advising Contacts

Advising Suite

CBE Advising Suite
Albertson Building, Room 306
Phone: (208) 885-7141
Toll Free Phone: (800) 960-3033

Karen Gillespie

Academic Advisor
(208) 885-6853
Albertson Building, Room 306A

Debbie Moos

Academic Advisor
(208) 885-5036
Albertson Building, Room 306B
Three students walking on campus

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do I need two natural/applied science labs?
    Students on State Board core are required to take one lab. Students on UI core are required to take two
  • Has my transcript arrived yet?
    After you login to VandalWeb, access your Web transcript. If the transcript has arrived, it will be listed at the top of the page.
  • If I take a class elsewhere, will it count toward my major?
    Refer to: Transfer Guides. You will find course equivalencies here.
  • How do I know if I get moved into a wait listed course?
    There are a few different ways to learn this information. (1) You can view your schedule by day and time and it will show what classes you are in and what classes are wait listed. (2) VandalWeb will automatically generate an e-mail that is sent to your Vandal e-mail account. (3) You can view your Web transcript which lists what courses you are registered for
  • How do I change my major?
    Complete a Change of Curriculum form. Most departments have these forms. Once you complete the form, you must obtain the necessary signatures. Once completed, the form is then forwarded to the Registrar to make this curriculum adjustment to your transcript.
  • How do I know when my major has been officially changed?
    View your web transcript. Major information is listed at the top.
  • How do I apply for scholarships?
    The majority of College of Business and Economics (CBE) scholarships do not require an application; all students are automatically considered. For merit-based scholarships, a strong GPA (3.6+) will be essential. For need-based scholarships, a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) filed with the University of Idaho will be required. Other scholarships requiring applications are posted on the CBE 1st floor plasma screen.
  • How can I find out about available jobs while I'm at school?
    1)  Sign up on VandalTrak at the University of Idaho's Career Center office for an online database of career, internship positions, and student job information.

    2)  On-campus and off campus jobs:  Visit  Human Resources.


  • Are my core requirements met?
    View your degree audit. At the top of the degree audit, you will read whether or not your core requirements have been met.
  • What is a Degree Audit?
    This is a software program that tracks your progress toward your degree. By reviewing your degree audit, you can learn what classes you have taken that meet your core degree requirements and what courses are still needed. You can access your degree audit from the Student Menu after login on VandalWeb.
  • How do I know if I am on University of Idaho core or state board core requirements?
    This information is listed at the top of your Web transcript. The only students who can be on state board core are students who bring credit with them to the University of Idaho.These can be transfer credits or advanced placement (AP) credits. Students on the University of Idaho core requirements are those who University of Idaho directly from high school without bringing any type of credit with them.
  • I have a hold on my account; how do I know what type of hold it is?
    You can view your holds by logging in on VandalWeb, Student Menu, and View Holds.