Professional Golfers' Association (PGA) Golf Management Program
The program is designed to attract and educate motivated students seeking careers as golf professionals. We are accredited by PGA of America and one of 18 accredited programs in the US, the only one in the Northwest.
Upon completion of our five-year program, students will earn a bachelor of science in business with a major in marketing and a PGA golf management option. Our program has 100 percent job placement.
“The UI PGA Golf Management program and CBE allowed me to enter the world of golf with the tools to succeed in a leadership role early in my career.” – Greg Wagner, Head Golf Professional, Moonlight Basin – Bozeman, MT
Facts about the program
- 16 months of internship credit in golf operations.
- Golf is a $75 billion industry.
- Five students are selected to participate in the Jones Cup Tournament.
- Students have the opportunity to attend the PGA Merchandise show.
- One student attends the PGA Leadership Conference at the PGA Annual Meeting.
- Students must pass three levels of PGA requirements and PGA testing.
- Students must pass the Player Ability Test administered by PGA.
- Students must pass a background check to become a PGA Class A member.
- Students must be a US citizen or resident align to be a PGA member.
- Students play in tournaments within the PGA Golf Management Club.