The University of Idaho College of Business and Economics award-winning Integrated Business Curriculum (IBC) is one of the few of its kind in the nation. This distinctive program revolutionizes the traditional model of teaching business and emphasizes a more collaborative approach that mirrors the way companies do business.
Solve Real Business Problems:
In your junior year, instead of taking stand-alone classes, you will be part of a small integrated team of students from all business majors. You and your “coworkers” will meld your various areas of expertise, as you would in a real business setting, to address issues facing top companies such as Boeing, Micron, Starbucks, Columbia Sportswear or Coldwater Creek.
This intensive yearlong experience strengthens your teamwork and decision-making skills, and gives you cross-functional knowledge in business systems, product and process planning, managing firm resources and business operating decisions.
IBC gives you the opportunity to:
- Practice real-world presentations and projects
- Interact with professionals as part of Executive-for-a-Day
- Receive close faculty mentorship
- Develop a greater retention and understanding of material
- Build a professional network of fellow students and faculty
- Enter the workforce with a sustainable competitive edge
- Gain a broader understanding of the business enterprise