Vision, Mission and Values
We will be a leader in integrated business education through innovative and transformational learning experiences that prepare our students to meet the opportunities and challenges of a globally competitive world. We will be responsive to the changing needs of our stakeholders.
We provide a collaborative learning environment that prepares our students to be responsible leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, and professionals. We prepare our students to succeed personally and professionally and to practice exemplary principles of citizenship. As a land grant university we have a primary responsibility to serve the citizens of Idaho. We also recruit students regionally, and we attract students from other states and other countries.
We accomplish this mission by
- Delivering a high quality and team-based undergraduate curriculum that integrates accounting, economics, and business disciplines.
- Delivering and supporting focused graduate and outreach programs that build on our competencies within the college and meet the needs of our stakeholders.
- Providing experiential learning opportunities for our students.
- Engaging in research that makes meaningful contributions to management practice and business education.
- Sharing our business expertise in support of our state, our professions, and the academic community.
We value PEOPLE
We value Partnerships. We strive to collaborate with other individuals and organizations that can help us create enriching experiences for ourselves and for our students.
We value Engagement. We strive to have students, faculty, staff, alumni, and business partners who feel meaningfully connected to our mission and to the role they play in achieving it.
We value Openness, respect, and mutual understanding. We strive to create a collegial culture and to appreciate those aspects which make each individual different and unique.
We value Personal integrity. We strive to act honestly and responsibly in all our endeavors and to expect the same from our students and others with whom we interact.
We value Laughter, camaraderie, and a positive attitude. We strive to keep our perspective on what is important in life and to find joy in what we are able to achieve as a college.
We value Excellence. We strive to do the things that matter most – to learn, to create, and to have impact – and to do these things exceptionally well.