Career Center Resources For You And Your Students
The Career Center is here to assist University of Idaho faculty and staff in preparing students for the world of work.
Rather than cancelling class when other responsibilities come up, consider a tailored presentation by one of our highly qualified career advisors. Our class presentation menu includes resumes, deciding on a major, what to do with a major, job/internship search, and interviewing. Contact Eric Anderson, to arrange a career presentation.
Possible career assignments for your class:
Students will often become more motivated and interested in their studies if they know more about their field and the opportunities available. Adding career exploration to your curriculum will help make the connections between education and world of work for your students.
- Write a resume and/or cover letter and schedule an appointment for a career advisor to critique.
- Schedule and attend a mock interview to receive valuable feedback on verbal communication skills.
- Create a pre-set list of questions to ask employers at a job & internship fair to gather new information and build a professional network. Attend a job & internship fair.
- Research internship and career possibilities using What Can I Do With This Major, Idaho CIS, CandidCareer or other online resources to help connect the classroom with a future position.
- Attend a career workshop or employer info session. The Career Center is willing to track attendance.
Do you know undecided students?
Suggest they take the Sokanu assessment which inventories their skills, interests and values to identify majors or careers that “fit” them and make an appointment with a Career Adviser to fully discuss the findings. Contact the Career Center (885-6121) to make an appointment.
– Contact Dr. Sandra Reineke
to discuss possibilities and find community partners
Assistance with internships
– Check out our resources
available to help you create or for students to find internships.
Partnerships between faculty/staff and the Career Center can combine our strengths and resources for the benefit of students.
The Career Center is enthusiastic about assisting all University of Idaho students in making career plans, obtaining career-related experience and finding permanent employment upon graduation. This assistance is provided through individual advising, workshop and classroom presentations, special events that bring together employers and students and the vast resources contained within our office.