If you are passionate about feeding our world, developing and educating our future leaders, protecting human and environmental health or facilitating stewardship of our natural resources, then the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences is the place for you.
- Community. Enjoy a sense of belonging to a community that shares your same values and beliefs, and those who can challenge you, too.
- Engagement. CALS offers study abroad programs, hands-on learning, research opportunities and numerous clubs and organizations.
- Scholarships. More than $3.5 million in scholarships and waivers are awarded to CALS students each year. More than 50 percent of CALS students receive scholarships.
- Facilities. CALS offers educational opportunities at state-of-the-art facilities across different disciplines throughout the state. All of Idaho is your classroom.
- Faculty. From your first day at the University of Idaho you will be engaging with and learning from renowned scholars who improve lives globally.
- Careers. Recent reports show that there is a great need for young agricultural professionals. Employers seek out CALS graduates for the experience and knowledge they gain at the University of Idaho.
- Choices. Choose from 27 majors in eight academic departments.
- Connections. CALS students receive many opportunities to engage with passionate alumni and industry partners.
- Support. Our faculty advisors and peer mentors care about our students and strive to help them succeed.
- Bond. Being a Vandal is a unique experience that will give you lifelong friendships.