Ph.D. Soil & Land Resources - University of Idaho
Dig Into Soil Ecosystems
Pursue your doctorate by digging deep into the field of soil science. Develop valuable expertise about the soil ecosystem and address soil issues related to sustainable agriculture and the environment while conducting lab-based experiments in a program where much of your learning will occur in independent research for your thesis or dissertation.
- With a 2:1 student-to-faculty ratio, you can interact with faculty and build your skills
- Our collection of more than 240 soil monoliths is the largest in the Western U.S.
- Conduct a variety of soil analyses in our Soil Sciences Laboratory
- Work on cutting-edge research projects funded through the USDA, NSF, DOE, NASA and other agencies
- Participate in interdisciplinary programs such as Environmental Science and Waters of the West