College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences
Ph.D., North Carolina State University
M.S., Montana State
B.S., University of Kentucky
- Brooks, E.S., Boll, J., McDaniel, P.A., 2012. Hydropedology in Seasonally Dry Landscapes: The Palouse Region of the Pacific Northwest USA. pp. 329-350 In Lin, H. (Ed.), Hydropedology: Synergistic Integration of Soil Science and Hydrology. Academic Press, Elsevier B.V.
- Weindorf, D.C., Y. Zhu, P. McDaniel, M. Valerio, L. Lynn, G. Michaelson, M. Clark, and C.L. Ping. 2012. Characterizing soils via portable x-ray fluorescence spectrometer: 2. spodic and albic horizons. Geoderma 189-190: 268-277.
- Hickey, P., D.G. Strawn, P.A. McDaniel, and L.L. Baker. 2012. Distribution of As, Cd, Pb and Zn in redox features of mine-waste impacted wetland soils. J. Soils Sediments 12: 1100-1110.
- Brown, R.A., P.A. McDaniel, and P.E. Gessler. 2012. Terrain attribute modeling of volcanic ash distributions in northern Idaho. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 76: 179-187.
- Buol, S.W., R.J. Southard, R.C. Graham, and P.A. McDaniel. 2011. Soil Genesis and Classification. 6th ed. Wiley-Blackwell. 532 pp.
- Valerio, M.W., P.A. McDaniel, and A.L. Falen. 2011. Problems with field recognition of Spodosol morphology in the northwest United States. Soil Survey Horizons 52: 35-39.
- Stiles, C.A., R.D. Hammer, R. Ferguson, M.G. Johnson, J. Galbraith, T. O’Geen, J. Arriaga, J. Shaw, A. Falen, R. Miles, and P. McDaniel. 2011. Validation testing of a portable kit for measuring an active soil carbon fraction. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 75: 233-2340.
- Vaughan, K.L., P.A. McDaniel, and W.M. Phillips. 2011. Episodic soil succession on basaltic lava fields in a cool, dry environment. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 75: 1462-14
- McDaniel, P.A., R.G. Darmody, J.C. Bell, and D.G. McGahan. 2011. Mollisols. pp. 33.97–33.113 In P.M. Huang, Y. Li, and M.E. Sumner (Eds.) Handbook of Soil Science. 2nd ed. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.McDaniel, P.A., D.J. Lowe, O. Arnalds, and C.L. Ping. 2011. Andisols. pp. 33.29–33.48 In P.M. Huang, Y. Li, and M.E. Sumner (Eds.) Handbook of Soil Science. 2nd ed. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
McDaniel, P.A., D.J. Lowe, O. Arnalds, and C.L. Ping. 2011. Andisols. pp. 33.29–33.48 In P.M. Huang, Y. Li, and M.E. Sumner (Eds.) Handbook of Soil Science. 2nd ed. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
- Formation, properties, and ecological significance of soils formed in volcanic ash
- Modeling soil formation in high-elevation soils
- Near-surface hydrology and stratigraphy of Palouse-region soils
- Fellow, Soil Science Society of America