College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences
Ph.D., Ohio State University
M.E.M., Duke University
B.A., College of Wooster
- Dubie, J., A. Stancik, M Morra, and C. Nindo. 2013. Antioxidant extraction from mustard (Brassica juncea) seed meal using high-intensity ultrasound J. Food Sci. (in press).
- Hansson, D., M.J. Morra, V. Borek, and S.D. Eigenbrode. 2013. Green peach aphid [Myzus persicae (Sulzer) (Hemiptera: Aphididae)] control using Brassicaceae ethyl-ester oil sprays. J. Appl. Entomol. (in press).
- Hendrix, K.M., M.J. Morra, H.-B. Lee, S.C. Min. 2012. Defatted mustard seed meal-based biopolymer film development. Food Hydrocolloids 26:118-125.
- Meyer, S.L.F., I.A. Zasada, S.B. Orisajo, M.J. Morra. 2011. Mustard seed meal mixtures: phytotoxicity to lettuce and pepper and management of Meloidogyne incognita on pepper. J. Nematology 43:7-15.
- Boydston, R.A., M.J. Morra, V. Borek, L. Clayton, and S.F. Vaughn. 2011. Onion and weed response to mustard (Sinapis alba) seed meal. Weed Sci. 59:546-552.
- Snyder, A.J., J.L. Johnson-Maynard, and M.J. Morra. 2010. Nitrogen mineralization in soil incubated with 15N-labeled Brassicaceae seed meals. Appl. Soil Ecol. 46:73-80.
- Oram, L., D. Strawn, M. Morra, G. Moller. 2010. Selenium biogeochemical cycling and fluxes in the hyporheic zone of a mining-impacted stream. Env. Sci Technol. 44:4176–4183.
- Morra, M.J. and V. Borek. 2010. Glucosinolate preservation in stored Brassicaceae seed meals. J. Stored Prod. Res. 46:98-102.
- Zasada, I.A., S.L.F. Meyer, and M.J. Morra. 2009. Brassicaceous seed meals as soil amendments to suppress the plant-parasitic nematodes Pratylenchus penetrans and Meloidogyne incognita. J. Nematol. 41:221-227.
- Brown, P.B. and M.J. Morra. 2009. Brassicaceae tissues as inhibitors of nitrification in soil. J. Agric. Food Chem. 57:7706–7711.
- Degradation and transformation processes in soils, especially nutrient cycling and fate of agricultural chemicals
- Sulfur cycling and plant derived allelochemicals
- Environmental quality--especially pollution problems involving soil and water, soil and air interactions, sources, effects, and amelioration of synthetic organic waste contamination
Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences Excellence in Teaching Award, 2008
- University of Idaho Environmental Science Program Outstanding Faculty Award, 2008
- Alumni Award for Excellence, University of Idaho Alumni Association, 2002
- Department of Plant, Soil, and Entomological Sciences Excellence in Teaching Award, 2002
- University of Idaho Research Excellence Award, 1999
- Gamma Sigma Delta Outstanding Research Award, 1992
- Nominated for NSF Presidential Young Investigator Award, 1988