College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences
Ph.D., Clemson University
B.S., Brigham Young University
- Brown, C.R., K.G. Haynes, M. Moore, M.J. Pavek, D.C. Hane, S.L. Love, R.G. Novy, and J.C. Miller Jr. 2012. Stability and broad-sense heritability of mineral content in potato: Calcium and Magnesium. Amer J Potato Res 89:255-261.
- Love, S.L.. 2011. Designing, installing, and maintaining native plant landscapes and xeriscapes. In: INLA Certification Committee (Eds.), Certified Nursery Professional Manual. Idaho Nursery and Landscape Association, Idaho Falls, ID
- Love, S.L. and T. Salaiz. 2011. Commercialization of native plant species; Evaluation of Idaho fescue (Festuca idahoensis) germplasm for use as native turf.Report of the Native Plants Cooperative 3:10-17.
- Parkinson S. and S. Love. 2011. Individual Vegetable Crop Recommendations. In: Idaho Master Gardener Handbook. University of Idaho Extension, Moscow, ID.
- Love, S.L. 2011. Penstemon spotlight – Penstemon montanus. Bulletin of the American Penstemon Society 70:2-6.
- Brown, C.R., K.G. Haynes, M. Moore, M.J. Pavek, D.C. Hane, S.L. Love, R.G. Novy, and J.C. Miller Jr. 2010. Stability and broad-sense heritability of mineral content in potato: Zinc. Amer J Potato Res 88:238-244.
- Love, S.L. 2010. Hardy roses for harsh climates. UI Bulletin No 871.
- Salaiz, T., S.L. Love, M. Bauer, and T. McCammon. 2010. Lawn care in short-season, high-altitude zones. UI Bulletin No 875.
- Love, S.L. and T. Salaiz. 2010. Studies on Indian paintbrush establishment. Report of the Native Plants Cooperative 2:15-19.
- Stevens, M.R., B. Geary, R.B. Dockter, K.G. Dockter, S.R. Broderick, S.L. Daley, and S.L. Love. 2010. Identifying germplasm for breeding native Intermountain drought tolerant flowers. Report of the Native Plants Cooperative 2:44-48.
- Conducts research on domestication of native plants for landscape use
- Conducts variety evaluations for vegetables and small fruits
- Maintains demonstration plots for illustrating turf management principles, landscape establishment and maintenance, and water conservation gardening
- Provides education in urban horticulture, specializing in native plants in the landscape, water conservation in the landscape, turf grass management, and vegetable gardening
- Outstanding Paper Award, Potato Association of America, 1998
- President’s Certificate of Appreciation, Potato Association of America, 1997
- Certificate of Appointment, Plant Variety Protection Board, 1995
- State Team Award, Epsilon Sigma Phi, 1991