College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences
Superintendent, University of Idaho Tetonia Research & Extension Center and Professor
Ph.D., North Dakota State University
M.S., North Dakota State University
B.S., Moorhead State
Whitworth, J, PB Hamm and P Nolte. 2012. Distribution of Potato Virus Y Strains in Tubers during the Post-Harvest Period. Am. J. Pot. Res. 89(2):136-141
- Crosslin, J, N Olsen, and P Nolte. 2012. First report of zebra chip disease and Candidatus Liberibacter solanacearum on potatoes in Idaho. Plant Disease. 96:453.
- Olsen, N, P Wharton and P Nolte. 2012. Superficial Growth on Potatoes. University of Idaho CIS #1191.
- Nolte, P. Potato Pointers: New Disease, New Problems Zebra Chip. American Vegetable Grower. November 28, 2011
- Nolte, P, N Olsen and M Thornton. The Scientific Arm of the Industry: Potato Association of America at the 2012 Potato Expo. Potato Grower Magazine. 40(11):35, November 2011.
- Nolte, P., N. Olsen, M. Thornton and E. Wenninger. Zebra Chip in Idaho: New scourge or minor annoyance? Potato Grower Magazine, 40(12):35, December, 2011.
- Nolte, P. Seed Potato Research in Idaho Falls: First in a University of Idaho Research Series. Potato Grower Magazine. 41(1):54-55. January, 2012
- Nolte, P. New Website Takes Dead Aim at Potato Virus Y. American Vegetable Grower. January 4, 2012
- Nolte, P. Combatting PVY: Team of researchers developing management strategies. Spudman. 50:1 42-44. January, 2012.
- Nolte, P. Silver Scurf of Potato: Blemish diseases more important than ever. Potato Grower Magazine. 41(2):58-59 February, 2012.
- Seed potato production
- Seed-related aspects of commercial potato production, including experimental design, data collection, data collection, data analysis, and report preparation
- Provides seed potato extension program leadership
- Coordinates seed potato extension programs statewide
- Provides support and educational input to potato seed producers, county agricultural extension agents, and industry personnel
- Conducts training sessions and demonstration trials for seed potato industry
- Utilizes media to stimulate and assist adaptation of new technologies and research information to improve seed potato production and quality
- Managing editor for UI Potato Handbook
- 2008 Award for Excellence. Presented by the Western Association of Agricultural Experiment Station Directors to Members of WERA-89 in Recognition of Outstanding Contributions to Western Region Multistate Research. July 9, 2009.
- Award of Excellence in Outreach presented by the University of Idaho, April 6, 2000.
- Idaho Grower Shippers Association Award for Outstanding Service to the Potato Industry and to the Association. Presented August 31, 1996, at the 68th Annual Meeting of the IGSA, Sun Valley, Idaho.