College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences
Ph.D., Oregon State University
M.S., Washington State University
B.S., Jundishapour Ahvas, Iran
- Fallahi, E. 2012. Influence of Rootstock and Irrigation Methods on Water Use, Mineral Nutrition, Growth, Fruit Yield and Quality in ‘Gala’ Apple. HortTechnology. 22(6):731-737.
- Fallahi, E., B. Fallahi, and B. Shafii. 2012. Water Use, Mineral Nutrition, Tree Growth, Yield, and Fruit Quality of ‘Fuji’ and ‘Gala’ Apples under Various Irrigation Systems and Rootstocks. Acta Horticulturae, Accepted in 2012, In Press.
- Amiri, E. and E. Fallahi. 2012. Influence of Rootstocks on Scion Growth and Leaf Mineral Content of Apple (Malus pumila ‘Golden Delicious’ and ‘Red Gala’) Trees. Acta Hort. 932: 433-440.
- Kaiser, C., J.M. Christensen, L.E., Long, E. Fallahi, L. Hanrahan, and M. Meland, M., 2012. Prevention of Sweet Cherry Fruit Cracking Using SureSeal, an Organic Biofilm. Acta Horticulturae, Leuven 1, Belgium. In Press.
- Amiri, M., E. Fallahi., and M. Seyfi. 2012. Influence of Rootstock on Mineral Uptake and Scion Growth of ‘Golden Delicious’ and ‘Royal Gala’ apples. Journal of Plant Nutrition. 36(1): In Press.
- Fallahi, E. 2011. Systematic Evaluation of Table Grapes in Search of Suitable Cultivars for High Deserts in the United States. Journal of Applied Horticulture. 13(2): 96-100 (published Dec. 2011).
- Fallahi, E., B. Fallahi, M. Amiri, B. Shafii. 2011. Long-Term Fruit Yield and Quality of Various Gala Apple Strain-Rootstock Combinations under an Evapotranspiration-Based Drip Irrigation System. Journal of Fruit, Vegetable and Cereal Science and Biotechnology. 5(2): 35-39.
- Khorshidi, S., G.H. Davarynejad, A. Tehranifar, and E. Fallahi. 2011, Effect of Modified Atmosphere Packaging on Chemical Composition, Antioxidant Activity, Anthocyanin, and Total Phenolic Content of Cherry Fruits, Horticulture, Environment, and Biotechnology, 52(5): 471-481 (published in 2012).
- Fallahi, E., B. Fallahi, B. Shafii, and T.J. McFerson. 2011. The Impact of Rootstock and Irrigation on Water Use, Tree Growth, Nutrition, Yield, and Fruit Quality of 'Pacific Gala' Apple. Acta Horticulturae. Number 903: 915-921.
- Fallahi, E., B. Fallahi, B. Shafii, D. Neilsen, G. H. Neilsen. 2011. The Impact of Long-Term Evapotranspiration-Based Water Scheduling in Various Irrigation Regimes on Tree Growth, Yield, and Fruit Quality at Harvest in ‘Fuji’ Apple. Journal of the American Pomological Society. 65 (1): 42-53.
- Fallahi, E. and D.W. Greene. 2010. The Impact of Blossom and Postbloom Thinners on Fruit Set and Fruit Quality in Apples and Stone Fruits. Acta Horticulturae. Number 884: 179-187.
- Pre-harvest environmental and physiological factors influencing quality, yield, and post-harvest physiology of pome and stone fruits, alternative fruits, and table grapes
- Fruit thinning, fruit russetting, growth regulators, rootstock physiology, and adaptation of new and alternative fruits for the PNW
- E. Fallahi, B. Fallahi, B. Shafii, D. Neilsen, and G.H. Neilsen. 2012. A manuscript entitled “The Impact of Long-term Evapotranspiration-based Water Scheduling in Various Irrigation Regimes on Tree Growth, Yield, and Fruit Quality at Harvest in ‘Fuji’ Apple” Received the American Pomological Society Shepard Award for the Most Outstanding Fruit Paper Published in the Journal of the American Pomological Society in 2011 and the award was given to authors in 2012.
- Received the American Society for Horticultural Science Outstanding Horticulturist Award in 2012 and the award and the award was presented at the opening ceremony of the ASHS on July 31, 2012.
- Recipient of Governor’s Award of Excellence in Discovery by Governor Otter of Idaho in 2008. The is the most prestigious award of the State of Idaho.
- Declaration of September 13 as “Dr. Esmaeil Fallahi’s Day” in Idaho by the Governor of Idaho to appreciate Dr. Fallahi’s contributions in research and discoveries. Sept 13 is Dr. Fallahi’s birthday.
- “Fellow” of the American Society for Horticultural Sciences. 2006.
- Award of Outstanding Apple Researcher from the Latin American Fruit Growers association in Mexico, 2006
- Recipient of the Outstanding Service as Vice-President, American Pomological Society, August 2002.
- Recipient of the American Society for Horticultural Science Distinguished Associate Editor Award for Rendering Outstanding Service to the Society between 1999 through 2001.
- Recipient of the “Paul How Shepard Award” for the best scientific paper published in the Journal of the American Pomological Science. This award was presented by the President of the Society at the 150th year celebration and Annual Meeting of American Pomological Society in July 1999.
- Recipient of the American Pomological Society Ulysses P. Hedrick Award for the 2nd Best fruit in the Journal of American Pomological Society, October 2003.
- Recipient of Group Honor Award for Excellence from the United States Department of Agriculture for Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service Multi-State Research Project Northeast 183.
- Recipient of the Outstanding Researcher and Service Award from the Idaho Table Grape Association, September 2004.
- Recipient of Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service Certificate of Appreciation for Multi-State Research Project Northeast 183.
- Recipient of the Outstanding Researcher and Service Award from the Idaho Grape Grower and Wine Producer Commission in August of 2001.
- Recipient of the Outstanding Pomology Scientist Award from Gorgan University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Sciences, September 2001.
- Recipient of Distinguished Award for Outstanding Associate Editor of the American Society for Horticultural Science for 1996-1998.
- Recipient of the “Highest Scientific Award” from Manufia University, Egypt. This award was presented by the Dean of School of Agriculture and a group of horticulture professors and dignitaries from Manufia University in May 1995.
- Graduated with honors and achieved the highest (first) rank among all students from School of Agriculture, Department of Horticulture, Joundishapour University. 1974.