College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences
Associate Dean, Director of the Idaho Agricultural Experiment Station, Superintendent of Palouse Research, Extension and Education Center (PREEC), and Professor
Ph.D., Oregon State University
M.S., Washington State University
B.S., Washington State University
- Rood, J., D.C. Thill, J. M. Campbell, and B Shafii. 2012. Tillage Affects Imazamox Carryover in Yellow Mustard, Weed Technol. 26:308-315.
- Holman, J.D., C. Hunt and D. Thill. 2011. Effect of Harvest Processes on the Nutritive Value of Kentucky Bluegrass Residue from Seed Harvest. Plant Management Network. http://www.plantmanagementnetwork.org/sub/fg/research/2011/residue/
- Young, F.L., D.A. Ball, D.C. Thill, J.R. Alldredge, A.G. Ogg Jr and S. Seefeldt. 2010. Integrated Weed Management Systems Identified for Jointed Goatgrass (Aegilops cylindrica) in the Pacific Northwest. Weed Technol.24:430-439.
- Rauch, T.A., D.C. Thill, S. Gersdorf, and W. Price. 2010. Occurrence of Herbicide-Resistant Italian Ryegrass (Lolium Multiflorum) in Northern Idaho and Eastern Washington. Weed Technol. 24:281-288
- Snyder, André, M. J. Morra, J. Johnson-Maynard, and D. C. Thill. 2009. Seed meals from Brassicaceae Oilseed Crops as Soil Amendments: Influence on N mineralization, Microbial Biomass N, and Carrot (Daucus carota) HortSci. 44:354-361.
- Hansson D, M.J. Morra, V. Borek, A.J. Snyder, J. Johnson-Maynard, D.C. Thill. 2008. Ionic thiocyanate (SCN-) production, fate, and phytotoxicity in soil amended with Brassicaceae seed meals. J Agric Food Chem 56:3912-3917
- Jemmett, E. D.C. Thill, T. Rauch, D. Ball, S. Frost, L. Bennett, J. Yenish, and R. Rood. 2008. Rattail fescue control with glyphosate in chemical fallow. Weed Technol. 22:435-441.
- Ball, D.A., S. M. Frost, L. H. Bennett, D.C. Thill, T. Rauch, E. Jemmett, C. Mallory-Smith, C. Cole, J. P. Yenish, and R. Rood. 2007. Control of Rattail Fescue (Vulpia myuros) in Winter Wheat. Weed Technol. 21:583-590.
- Carter, A., J. Hansen, T. Koehler, D.C. Thill, and R.S. Zemetra. 2007. The Effect of Imazamox Application Timing and Rate on Imazamox Resistant Wheat Cultivars in the Pacific Northwest. Weed Technol. 21:895-899.
- Rice, A.R., J.L. Johnson-Maynard, D.C. Thill, and M.J. Morra. 2007. Vegetable crop emergence and weed control following amendment with different Brassicaceae seed meals. Renewable Agricultural and Food Systems. 22:204-212.
- Herbicide resistant weeds
- Weed management in dryland small grain cropping systems
- Herbicide persistence
- Weed biology
- 2008 Idaho Barley Commision Service Award
- 2005 Honorary Member, Washington State Weed Association
- President, Weed Science Society of America, 2004-05
- Certificate of Excellence for Development of Agronomic Education Materials in the Category of Website, American Society of Agronomy, 2004, Kentucky bluegrass seed production website.
- Outstanding Paper in Weed Technology, WSSA 2003
- International Gamma Sigma Delta Distinguished Achievement in Agriculture Award, 2002
- UI, CALS Gamma Sigma Delta Research Award, 2002
- Fellow, Weed Science Society of America, 1999
- Outstanding Research Award, Weed Science Society of America, 1997
- Outstanding Weed Scientist Award, Western Society of Weed Science, 1996
- Certificate of Excellence for Development of Agronomic Education Materials in the Category of Publications - Manuals, American Society of Agronomy, 1996. (Managing Russian Thistle under Conservation Tillage in Crop-Fallow Rotations).
- Certificate of Excellence for Development of Agronomic Educational Materials in the Category of Publications - Manuals, American Society of Agronomy, 1994. (Spring Wheat and Dryland Winter Rapeseed Production Guides).
- Phi Kappa Phi Distinguished Faculty Award, 1992
- Fellow, Western Society of Weed Science, 1992
- Award for Research Excellence, University of Idaho, 1991
- Outstanding Young Weed Scientist Award, Weed Science Society of America, 1990
- President, Western Society of Weed Science, 1988‑89
- University of Idaho Alumni Award for Faculty Excellence, December 1985, 1987
- R.C. McCroskey Research Fellowship for Outstanding Graduate Student in the College of Agriculture (1973) for work on winter wheat physiology in eastern Washington.