College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences
Director of Statistical Programs and Professor
Ph.D., University of Idaho
M.S., University of Idaho
B.S., Rezaeyeh University, Iran
- Price, William J., B. Shafii and S. S. Seefeldt.2012. Estimation of dose–response models for discrete and continuous data in weed science. Weed Technology 26(3): 587-601.
- Hunt, Katherine, M., J. Preuss, C. Nissan, C.A. Dalvin, J.E. Williams, B. Shafii, A.D. Richardson, M.K. McGuire, L.Bode, and M.A. McGuire. 2012. Human milk oligosaccharides on the growth of Staphylococci. Journal of Applied and Environmental Microbiology 78(14): 4763-4770.
- Shafii, Bahman, W.J. Price, D.L. Barney, and O.A. Lopez. 2009. Effects of stratification and cold storage on the seed germination characteristics of cascade huckleberry and oval-leaved bilberry. Acta Horticulture 810:599-608.
- Mahler, Robert L. and B. Shafii. 2009. Relationship between soil test boron and pea yields in the inland Pacific Northwest. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis 40:2603-2615
- Mosley, Erin. E., B. Shafii, P. J. Moate, and M.A. McGuire. 2006. Cis-9, trans-11 conjugated linoleic acid is synthesized directly from vaccenic acid in lactating dairy cattle. Journal of Nutrition 136: 570-575.
- Fallahi, Esmaeil., B. Shafii, J.C. Stark, and B. Fallahi. 2006. Cane and leaf growth and leaf mineral nutrients in various cultivars of wine grapes. Journal of the American Pomological Society 59(4): 182-191.
- Shafii, Bahman and W.J. Price. 2005. Bayesian analysis of dose-response calibration curves. Applied Statistics in Agriculture, J. E. Boyer (Ed.). Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, pp. 126-136.
- Shafii, Bahman, J. W. Price, T. S. Prather, L. W. Lass, and D. C. Thill. 2004. Using landscape characteristics as prior information for Bayesian classification of yellow starthistle. Weed Science. 52:948-953.
- Dalton, J. C., A. Ahmadzadeh, B. Shafii, W. J. Price, and J. M. DeJarnette. 2004. Effect of Simultaneous Thawing Multiple 0.5-ml Straws of Semen and Sequence of Insemination on Conception Rate in Dairy Cattle. Dairy Science, 87: 972-975
- Shafii, Bahman and W.J. Price, 2000. Estimation of cardinal temperatures in germination data analysis. Journal of Agricultural, Biological and Environmental Statistics 6(3):356-366.
- Provides consultation and collaboration with CALS scientists and research professionals with respect to experimental design, modeling scientific phenomena, analysis of surveys, computer applications, and statistical data analysis
- Conducts research in statistics and biometry as well as biological and ecological applications
- American Pomological Society Shepard Award for the most outstanding fruit paper published in the Journal of the American Pomological Society, 2011.
- Chapter Recognition Award: In recognition of dedicated service and outstanding leadership American Statistical Association, 2005.
- Subject of record in Marquis Who’s Who in the Word, Twenty First Edition, 2004
- Award of Excellence: For outstanding paper published in Weed Technology, Weed Science Society of America, 2002.
- Program Excellence through Research Award: National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Services (NEAFCS), 2003.
- Ulysses P. Hedrick Award: For paper published in the Journal of the American Pomological Society, American Pomological Society, 2003.
- Subject of record in Marquis Who’s Who in America, Fifty Seventh Edition, 2003
- Paul Howe Shepard Award: For the best paper appearing in Fruit Variety Journal, American Pomological Society, 1998
- Distinguished Alumni Award, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Idaho, 2008
- Longevity Award: For 15 (1998) and 20 (2003) years of Meritorious Service, University of Idaho
- Vandal Helping Hand Award, in recognition of assistance and support of Vandal Student-Athletes, University of Idaho, 2002
- Outstanding Employee Award, University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho, 1992
- Teaching Excellence Award, Department of Management and Systems, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington, 1986
- First Class Honors, Agronomy, College of Agriculture, Rezaeyeh University, Rezaeyeh, Iran, 1977