College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences
Ph.D., Moscow State University, Russia
B.S., Moscow Academy of Veterinary Medicine, Russia
- Karasev, A.V. and Gray, S.M. (2013) Genetic diversity of Potato virus Y complex. American Journal of Potato Research 90: in press.
- Quintero-Ferrer, A. and Karasev, A.V. (2013) First report of Potato virus Y in potato in Jalisco, Mexico. Plant Disease 97: in press.
- Chikh Ali, M., Karasev, A.V., Furutani, N., Taniguchi, M., Kano, Y., Sato, M., Natsuaki, T., and Maoka, T. (2013) An outbreak of a new Potato virus Y strain PVYNTN in foundation seed potatoes in Japan, and screening for symptoms caused by PVYNTN in 62 Japanese potato cultivars. Plant Pathology 62: in press.
- Kanuya, E., Clayton, L.A., Naidu, R.A., and Karasev, A.V. (2012) First report of Grapevine fleck virus in Idaho grapevines. Plant Disease 96: 1705-1705.
- Galvino-Costa, S.B.F., Figueira, A.R., Rabelo-Filho, F.A.C., Moraes, F. H. R., Nikolaeva, O.V., and Karasev, A.V. (2012) Molecular typing of Potato virus Y isolates from Brazil reveals a diverse set of recombinant strains. Plant Disease 96: 1451-1458.
- Galvino-Costa, S.B., Figueira, A., Camargos, V.V., Geraldino, P.S., *Hu, X., Nikolaeva, O.V., Kerlan, C., and Karasev, A.V. (2012) A novel type of Potato virus Y recombinant genome, determined for the genetic strain PVYE. Plant Pathology 61: 388-398.
- Nikolaeva, O.V., **Roop, D., *Galvino-Costa, S.F.B., Figueira, A.R., Gray, S.M., and Karasev, A.V. (2012) Epitope mapping for monoclonal antibodies recognizing tuber necrotic strains of Potato virus Y. American Journal of Potato Research 89: 121-128.
- Kerlan, C., Nikolaeva, O.V., *Hu, X., Meacham, T., Gray, S.M.,and Karasev, A.V. (2011) Identification of the molecular make-up of the Potato virus Y strain PVYZ: Genetic typing of PVYZ-NTN. Phytopathology 101: 1052-1060.
- Karasev, A.V., *Hu, X., Brown, C.J., Kerlan, C., Nikolaeva, O.V., Crosslin, J.M., and Gray, S.M. (2011) Genetic diversity of the ordinary strain of Potato virus Y (PVY) and origin of recombinant PVY strains. Phytopathology 101: 778-785.
- Robles-Hernandez, L., Gonzalez-Franco, A.C., Gill-Langarica, E.M., **Sago, C., Nikolaeva, O.V., and Karasev, A.V. (2011) First report of Beet severe curly top virus in jalapeño pepper in Chihuahua, Mexico. Plant Disease 95: 778-778.
- Basic and applied research in plant virology
- Virus-host interactions and pathogenicity factors in plant viruses
- Virus diseases of importance in major Idaho crops
- Virus detection, strain differentiation, and control of virus diseases in potato, legumes, sugar beet, cereals, and grapevine
- Senior Editor, Plant Disease, 2013-2015
- Senior Editor, Phytopathology, 2009-2012
- University of Idaho, Merit Award, 2012
- Potato Association of America, Outstanding Paper of the Year Award, 2011