Cropping Systems Agronomist, Assistant Professor
Ag Science, Room 318
Department of Plant Sciences
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2333
Moscow, ID 83844-2333
Ph.D., Washington State University, 2004
M.S., University of Idaho, 1997
B.S., University of Idaho, 1993
- Cereal based cropping systems research, including input management, variety performance and crop rotation.
- Study and management of soil acidity and aluminum toxicity.
- Management of soilborne diseases of small grain cereal and grain legumes.
- Coordinator for north Idaho variety testing program for wheat, barley, pea, lentil and chickpea.
- Disseminate information on variety testing activities as well as research information cropping systems research.
- Okubara, P. A., Schroeder, K. L., Abatzoglou, J., and Paulitz, T. C. 2014. Agroecological factors correlated to soil DNA concentrations of Rhizoctonia in dryland wheat production zones of Washington State, USA. Phytopathology 104:683-691.
- Chuntao, Y., Hulbert, S. H., Schroeder, K. L., Mavrodi, O., Mavrodi, D., Dhingra, A., Schillinger, W. F., and Paulitz, T. C. 2013. Role of bacterial communities in the natural suppression of Rhizoctonia solani bare patch disease of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). AEM 79:7428-7438.
- Babiker, E. M., Hulbert, S. H., Schroeder, K. L., and Paulitz, T. C. 2013. Evaluation of Brassica species for resistance to Rhizoctonia solani and binucleate Rhizoctonia (Ceratobasidium spp.) under controlled environment conditions. Eur. J. Plant Pathol. 136:763-772.
- Okubara, P. A., Harrison, L. A., Gatch, E., Vandemark, G. J., Schroeder, K. L., and du Toit, L. J. 2013. Development and evaluation of a TaqMan real-time PCR assay for Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. spinaciae. Plant Dis. 97:927-937.
- Schroeder, K. L., Martin, F. N., de Cock, A. W. A. M., Lévesque, C. A., Spies, C. F. J., Okubara, P. O., and Paulitz, T. C. 2013. Molecular detection and quantification of Pythium species – evolving taxonomy, new tools and challenges. Plant Dis. 97:4-20.
- Schroeder, K. L., and Paulitz, T. C. 2012. First report of a Ceratobasidium sp. causing root rot on canola in Washington State. Plant Dis. 96:591.
- Schroeder, K. L., and Paulitz, T. C. 2012. First report of root rot caused by Rhizoctonia solani AG-10 on canola in Washington State. Plant Dis. 96:584.
- Babiker, E. M., Hulbert, S., Schroeder, K. L., and Paulitz, T. C. 2011. Optimum timing of preplant applications of glyphosate to manage Rhizoctonia root rot in barley. Plant Dis. 95:304-310.
- Paulitz, T. C., Schroeder, K. L., and Schillinger, W. F. 2010. Soilborne pathogens of cereals in an irrigated cropping system: effects of tillage, residue management and crop rotation. Plant Dis. 94:61-68.
- Faces of the Future in Mycology, American Phytopathological Society, 2008