Below are tools and other resources that will assist with calculating budgets, cost of production and machinery costs for livestock and crops.
Machinery Cost Publications
- PNW 346 Costs of Owning and Operating Farm Machinery in the Pacific Northwest – Detailed tables present the ownership and operating costs associated with specific pieces of farm equipment used to produce crops in the Pacific Northwest.
- BUL 729 2013-2014 Custom Rates for Idaho Agricultural Operations – This publication reports the rates being charged for custom agricultural operations in Idaho. It also provides information on how to calculate machinery costs for setting custom rates and how to adjust historical custom rates using indices available from the USDA.
Software and Calculators: Machinery Cost Calculators
- University of Idaho Crop Machinery Cost Calculator – current version 1.40 (EXE file)
- Kansas State Machinery Cost Resources – Machinery cost calculators and many more decision making tools.
- Iowa State Machinery Cost Resources – Crop decisions and machinery information and companion tools.
- Alberta Machinery Cost Calculator – This tool allows you to calculate ownership and operating costs of common farm equipment. Use the drop-down list to choose the power unit or self-propelled machinery that will be used. When doing calculations for implements, select a power unit and the implements that will be used.
Software and Calculators: Enterprise Budgets, Crop Leases, Costs of Production
- University of Idaho Crop Enterprise Budget (CEBW) – current version 1.95 (EXE file)
- University of Idaho Livestock Enterprise Budget (LEBW) – current version 1.95 (EXE file)
- Idaho Crop Lease Calculator – Calculates crop share, cash rent and flexible cash leases (Excel file)
- FINPACK and Other CFFM Initiatives – FINPACK is the premier farm financial planning and analysis software, with versions for producers, lenders and educators.