Education and Services
Attention entrepreneurs and tenants
Given the nature of today’s food supply, it is imperative that all food processors have the knowledge and ability to produce safe, high quality food products. We offer a prerequisite course for our clients “Developing Your Food Product Idea: A blueprint for startup and pre-venture food companies” that provides necessary background knowledge to start a company that complies with industry and FDA or state regulatory standards for producing packaged food products for resale. The course is offered throughout the year, check regularly for an upcoming course.
For existing food companies, the Food Technology Center can serve as an off-site location to conduct employee training in the areas of HACCP, food safety, sanitation, processing, etc. Training may be provided by employees or by personnel provided by the Food Technology Center.
We specialize in food processing and GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) processing for scientific research
Have the potential and/or resources to serve a variety of functions
- Analytical testing
- Employee training
- Package/label development
- Process development
- Processing and packaging
- Product demonstration
- Product development and testing
- Project collaboration
In addition, we provide
- Facility tours
- Commercial kitchen rental — view policies and procedures
- Storage rental — view policies and procedures
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Cini Baumhoff for general inquiries, including class registration, facility tours or to schedule time in the commercial kitchen, discuss nutritional analysis, product testing or processing capabilities at the Food Technology Center.
- Josh Bevan for technical questions about food products, GLP processing, pilot plant research and development projects, state and federal regulatory issues and commercial processing equipment.
- Jeff Kronenberg for large commercial processors with questions about large scale specialized food processing, HACCP or employee training.
- Jim Toomey for general inquiries about business startup questions or assistance with business planning.