Food Technology Center
The University of Idaho Food Technology Center offers business, processing and educational assistance to aspiring food entrepreneurs and small-scale food processors. There are many obstacles to overcome when trying to bring a food product into the marketplace, one in particular is finding a licensed commercial kitchen or processing space to manufacture food products.
The Food Technology Center also specializes in food processing and GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) processing for scientific research.
The center has the potential and/or resources to serve a variety of functions including:
- Analytical testing
- Employee training
- Package/label development
- Process development
- Processing and packaging
- Product demonstration
- Product development and testing
- Project collaboration
- Developing Your Food Product Idea: Getting Started in a Food Business
- Registration is open for next class
- Thursday, July 26 — Introduction to Food Safety, HACCP and Preventive Controls for Human Food
- Registration is open