The Child Development Laboratory is a program that serves three to five year old children. Our mission is to provide a high quality, developmentally appropriate program for young children and their families. Staff members plan and carry out activities that encourage children's growth and development. The laboratory provides a research and learning setting for students and faculty of the University of Idaho.
The University of Idaho Child Development Laboratory is accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs
. The Academy administers the only national, voluntary, professionally sponsored accreditation system for schools and child care center for young children. The Academy is a division of the National Association for the Education of Young Children
, the nation's largest organization of early childhood educators.
Please read carefully
- The major mission of this program is to educate college students and to serve as a setting for research.
- The Laboratory is used for observational purposes by students and other child development professionals.
- Children and families will be selected to meet program needs to have variety in the laboratory.
- Planned learning activities are offered appropriate to children's age and development in the language, social, emotional, intellectual, self help, and motor areas.
- Many parents participate in the program as their desire and schedules permit.
- Children must be three years old by September 1 the year of enrollment.
- The morning class meets on M-F from 8:30-11:30 am (11:20 am departure).
- The afternoon class meets on M-F from 1:00-4:00 pm (3:50 pm departure).
- A $50.00 non-refundable enrollment fee is to be paid when families are notified that their child is accepted for enrollment.
- Cost for each semester (fall and spring) is $600.00. These fees are separate from the $50.00 enrollment fee that is paid by families upon acceptance to the program each school year.
- Sessions follow the University of Idaho calendar.
I understand that by enrolling my child and family in the University of Idaho Child Development Laboratory, I am agreeing to participate in activities of the laboratory. These include my child's activities in day-to-day participation in parent program activities.
: You can either download, right click on link below and "Save Target As" to your hard drive or if you have an updated browser, open file within the browser and enter in your information, File, Save As to your hard drive and email as an attachment. When completed, send enrollment application to Suzanne Planck, director of the Child Development Laboratory, at email@example.com
or print and mail to: Child Development Laboratory, Family and Consumer Sciences, University of Idaho, 875 Perimeter Dr MS 3183, Moscow, ID 83844-3183.