Contact Us


Biological & Agricultural Engineering

Engineering/Physics Building
Phone: (208) 885-6182
Fax: (208) 885-7908

Mailing Address:
Biological & Agricultural Engineering
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 0904
Moscow, ID 83844-0904

Idaho Falls

College of 
Agricultural & Life Sciences
University of Idaho
1776 Science Center Dr., Suite 306
Idaho Falls, Idaho  83402
phone: (208) 282-7900
fax: (208) 282-7929



BAE Graduate Programs

Agricultural Engineering GraduateThe University of Idaho offers three graduate degrees in Biological and Agricultural Engineering. Each of these programs will allow you to develop methods and tools to improve soil and water conditions. You may also gain skills to design and test new ways to produce biodiesel and other forms of alternative energy from feedstock such as locally grown canola oil or manufacturing waste.

Through the use of state-of-the-art software programs, GIS and image analysis, your research will lead you to discover and understand systems for irrigation, runoff, erosion control in watersheds, stream restoration, and the protection and enhancement of natural and agricultural lands.

BAE - Master of Science (M.S.)

Complete a research project, and write a thesis. Coursework and thesis research generally take two years.

Of the minimum 30 credits required for the degree, at least 18 credits must be at the 500s level; the remainder may include 400 level courses in the major, and 300 or 400 level courses in supporting areas.

BAE - Master of Engineering (M. Engr.)

Complete a practical design project. Coursework and project generally take two years.

The M.Engr. is a non-thesis degree. A minimum of 30 credits is required; at least 18 must be in courses at the 500 level and the remainder may include 400 level courses in the major and 300 or 400 level courses in supporting areas. A non-thesis requirement must be met.  

BAE - Ph.D.

Conduct research in the field of biological and agricultural engineering and produce innovative ways to advance science and engineering. Write a dissertation and publish your work. Coursework and research generally take three to four years.

Conduct an independent research or design project. Receive guidance from a graduate committee comprised of professors with valuable expertise. Present your findings in a seminar to your professors and peers. Demonstrate your work at scientific or professional meetings.

Return to Academic Programs