Environmental engineers have many employment opportunities. They could:
Return to possible careers
- Design systems, processes and equipment for ...
- Air, water and soil quality control
- Solid waste disposal
- The remediation of contaminated soil, air and water.
- Calculate the impact of human activity in relation to the environment and seek to design methods of environmental sustainability, conservation/protective efforts and reparations, if necessary.
- Work with state and federal agencies, consulting firms and private companies on projects related to environmental engineering design, permitting, waste management, pollution abatement, bioremediation and hydrology.
- Be employed by processing industries in quality control, waste management and in projects related to other environmental issues.
- Work for environmental engineering firms; government departments of energy, public works and the environment; manufacturing, chemical and petrochemical industries; waste management companies, academic and research institutes; and natural resource industries such as mining, oil and gas.