Departmental Mission Statement
Our purpose is to solve engineering and technological management problems in agriculture, environment, biotechnology and natural resources by researching and teaching biological, chemical and physical sciences.
Departmental Vision Statement
We will be widely recognized as experts in the fields of engineering and technology education. The success of our graduates, Extension clients and researchers will speak to our knowledge of agricultural and biological sciences.
Departmental Core Values
Engineering Student Learning Goals and Objectives
- Open Communication
- Professional Competence
- Personal Integrity
- Professional Ethics
Agricultural Systems Management Student Learning Goals and Objectives
- Graduates will solve engineering problems and apply their skills in designing components, systems and processes.
- Graduates will communicate and work effectively in teams.
- Graduates will have a working knowledge of biological, chemical, natural resources and agricultural science topics.
- Graduates will apply their educational skills in a broad context related to an ever-changing world.
- Graduates will understand business and physical/biological sciences applicable to creatively solving agricultural problems.
- Graduates will have the ability to develop, construct, alter and repair agricultural equipment.
- Graduates will be able to communicate agricultural technology and management solutions to clients.
- Graduates will understand how to use technology to analyze and develop agricultural systems.
- Graduates will have a working knowledge of mathematical concepts to quantify physical and biological processes in agriculture.
- Graduates will be sensitivity to the concerns of society and appreciate different points of view.