The nominee must be a College of Agricultural and Life Sciences faculty member (on or off campus) with a teaching appointment, and hold rank of instructor or higher in one of the following academic units: Agricultural Education and 4H Youth Development; Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology; Animal and Veterinary Sciences; Biological and Agricultural Engineering; Family and Consumer Sciences; School of Food Science; and Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences.
NOTE: Nominees for the R.M. Wade Excellence in Teaching Award may not also be nominated for the Outstanding Academic Advising Award.
- The nominee cannot have received the R.M. Wade Excellence in Teaching Teacher Award within the previous five years.
- The nominee must have taught at the University of Idaho for a minimum of three years.
- The nomination packet documentation should cover activities during the five years prior to nomination.
Selection of the R.M. Wade Excellence in Teaching Award recipient will be based upon the following:
- Teaching evaluations by students, administrators, colleagues, peers and alumni
- Service to the teaching profession
- Service to students
- A philosophy consistent with quality teaching in a land grant university
R.M. Wade Forms