Mireille Chahine, Ph.D.
College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
Extension Dairy Specialist & Associate Professor
Milk Quality, Milking Management, Personnel training and management (Spanish and English) Dairy Cattle Nutrition and Production Management
- Chahine, M. and M. E. de Haro Marti. ¿Cómo reducir el recuento de células somáticas? (How to reduce Somatic Cell Counts?). Albeitar, Spain. July 2010 (136): 4-6.
- Glaze, J. B. and M. Chahine. 2009. Assessment of Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) practices on Idaho dairies. J. Dairy Sci. 92:1265-1271.
- Allen, J. D., J. K. Ahola, M. Chahine, J. I. Szasz, C.W. Hunt, C. S. Schneider, G. K. Murdoch, and R. A. Hill. 2009. Effect of feeding period and ractopamine hydrochloride on feedlot performance, carcass characteristics, and end product quality in market dairy cows. J. Anim. Sci. 87: 2400-2408.
- Chahine.M. 2010. TMR mixing: The basics. 2010. eXtension fact sheet. Reviewed and waiting for copyright clearance.
- Chahine, M. 2010. Managing the feedbunk on dairies. eXtension fact sheet. Reviewed and waiting for copyright clearance.
- Fife, T.E. and M. Chahine. 2009. Principles of Successful Silage Management. Cow-Calf Management Guide and Cattle Producer’s Library. Second Edition: Nutrition Section (320) 1-6.
- Sheffield, R. E., B. Brown, M. Chahine, M. de Haro Marti, and C. Fallen. 2008. Mitigating high phosphorus soils. CIS Bulletin 851.
- Chahine, M., J. Ahola, J. B. Glaze, J. C. Dalton and R. Norell. 2008. Garantía de Calidad de Carne del Bovino Lechero. University of Idaho. 16 pages.
- Ahola, J., M. Chahine, J. B. Glaze, J. C. Dalton and R. Norell. 2008. Idaho Dairy Beef Quality Assurance. University of Idaho. 16 pages.
- University of Idaho Extension Diversity Award recognizing efforts to deliver extension programming to underserved audiences, Spring 2008
- Efforts to educate Hispanic dairy workers recognized by Dr. Tim White, President of the University of Idaho in his address to the General Faculty on August 23rd 2006.
- Hueg-Harrison Fellowship recognizing excellent academic record and relationship forged between graduate student and advisor, summer 2002.
- Colonial Dames Scholarship recognizing academic achievements of an international student at the University of Minnesota. Winter 2002.