What You Can Do
With this degree, you may become one of the following:
- Production manager: Manage the production processes of a dairy farm or manufacturing plant.
- Business owner: Direct all operations of a dairy farm or processing plant.
- Research technician: Be a research support scientist or laboratory technician managing the care and well-being of animals used to advance the dairy industry.
- Consultant: Provide technical assistance in the field of animal breeding, health, or nutrition for a large, integrated dairy farm, pharmaceutical firm or dairy processing company.
- Analyst: Gather and interpret data about the dairy industry to support lobbying efforts.
Almost all of our graduates receive job offers upon graduation, with starting salaries of up to $50,000. Dairy scientists generally work for the dairy industry.
You may also want to continue your education. Pursue an advanced degree in disciplines such as nutrition, genetics and breeding, or reproductive physiology. Go to veterinary school.