B.S. Animal & Veterinary Science - University of Idaho
Working with Animals
If you want to work with animals, this program prepares you for a variety of career options, from livestock management, to dairy production, to veterinary science. Study animal health, growth and nutrition. Explore animal science topics, like production and business management. Learn how to raise and care for animals, produce and market dairy products, operate a livestock facility, and much more.
- Access beef, dairy, and sheep center facilities.
- Intern at a dairy farm or milk processor.
- Gain experience at the UI Caine Veterinary Teaching Center.
- Make and sell signature vandal sausages at Vandal Brand Meats.
- Conduct research in on-campus labs and animal research centers.