What is Ag Days?
Ag days started thirty six years ago as a homecoming of sorts for current students, faculty, staff, and alumni of the University of Idaho’s College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. They have gathered on campus each fall for Ag Days to enjoy a barbeque, watch football, and visit with college-era friends and faculty.
Over time, Ag Days evolved and included a special invitation to high school students to visit campus and experience college life. This unique opportunity enables students to dip their toes into college life before taking the plunge.
A snapshot of Ag Days (September 26-28, 2014):
- Enjoy engaging, hands-on workshops involving every department in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences as well as other related colleges on campus such as the College of Natural Resources.
- Make meaningful connections with current students, faculty, and staff, who want to share their excitement and experiences with you, answer questions about opportunities, and inspire you to consider higher education for yourself.
- Learn about current agricultural issues and research.
- Meet agricultural professionals, who may be your future employer.
- Evening entertainment including a Dance Through the Decades 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s and a Food Science Showcase highlighting our unique Food Science partnership with Washington State University.
- Explore and tour the University of Idaho key facilities such as the Student Recreation Center, which houses the highest university climbing wall west of the Mississippi and the UI Swim Center.
- Join in on the pre-game activities for Celebrating Idaho Agriculture (celebrating agricultural and life sciences education and research throughout Idaho).
- Cheer on the Idaho Vandals football team.
- An opportunity to compete in regional livestock judging competition.
- A unique opportunity to learn about the Food Science industry and the nation’s only bi-state university food science partnership (University of Idaho and Washington State University).
- Tour the Clearwater Corn Maze in Lewiston, Idaho.
Registrations must be completed by an FFA advisor/leader, 4-H leader, FCCLA chapter advisor/teacher, science club/team leader/teacher, or other adult chaperone.
Student groups can register for Ag Days here
. Should you have any questions, please call our Academic Programs office at (208) 885-7984 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Special thanks to the following for their contributions to Ag Days 2014!
- Block and Bridle
- CALS Student Ambassadors
- Collegiate FFA
- Dairy Club
- Sigma Alpha
- State FFA Officers
- State FCCLA Officers
- Workshop Presenters