Neil R. Rimbey
College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology
Extension Range Economist, Professor
Ph.D., Range Economics, University of Idaho, 1989
M.S., Agricultural Economics, University of Nevada, Reno, 1976
B.A., Economics, California State University Chico, 1974
public land policy
farm and ranch management
- Ahola, J.K., H.A. Foster, D.L. VanOverbeke, K.S. Jensen, R.L. Wilson, J.B. Glaze, Jr., T.E. Fife, C.W. Gray, S.A. Nash, R.R. Panting, and N.R. Rimbey. 2011. Quality defects in market beef and dairy cows and bulls sold through livestock auction markets in the Western United States: I. Incidence rates. J. Anim. Sci. 89:1474-148l.
- Ahola, J.K., H.A. Foster, D.L. VanOverbeke, K.S. Jensen, R.L. Wilson, J.B. Glaze, Jr., T.E. Fife, C.W. Gray, S.A. Nash, R.R. Panting, and N.R. Rimbey. 2011. Quality defects in market beef and dairy cows and bulls sold through livestock auction markets in the Western United States: II. Relative effects on selling price. J. Anim. Sci. 89:1484-1495.
- Bartlett, E. Tom, L. Allen Torell, Neil R. Rimbey, Larry W. VanTassell and Daniel W. McCollum. 2002. Valuing grazing use on public land. J. Range Mgt. 55(5):426-438.
- Dalton, J.C., N. Rimbey, B. Shafii, W.J. Price, M.A. McGuire, D. Costesso, and J. Stewart. 2006. Effect of feeding wet pressed beet pulp on milk yield of dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 89:(Suppl.1):83.
- Glaze, J.B., Jr., B. Wilhelm, N.R. Rimbey, K.S. Jensen, G.C. Keetch, W.F. Cook, C.W. Gray, J.N. Hawkins, E.J. Morrison, S.K. Williams, J.A. Church, P.A. Momont. 2004. A to Z Retained Ownership, Inc.: Factors affecting profitability in the Inland Northwest. J. An. Sci. 55:198-201. (Proceedings)
- Harp, A.J., N.R. Rimbey and T.D. Darden. 2001. Cohesion, Integration and Attachment in Owyhee County Communities. pp. 93-100. In: L.A. Torell, E.T. Bartlett and R. Larranaga (eds.), Current Issues in Rangeland Resource Economics: A Series of Papers Written by Members and Associates of Western Coordinating Committee 55 (WCC-55), New Mexico State University Agr. Exp. Sta. Research Rep. 737. Available online at http://agecon.lib.umn.edu
- Hunt, C., J. Dalton and N. Rimbey. 2005. Evaluation of the nutritive value of ensiled beet pulp for ruminant animals. J. Dairy Sci. 88 (Suppl. 1): 40.
- Porath, M.L., P.A. Momont, T. DelCurto, N.R. Rimbey, J.A. Tanaka and M. McInnis. 2002. Off-stream Water and Trace Mineral Salt as Management Strategies for Improved Cattle Distribution. J An. Sci. 80(2) 346-356.
- Rimbey, N.R., L.A. Torell, and J.A. Tanaka. 2007. Why grazing permits have economic value. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics. 32(1):20-40.
- Stillings, A.M, J.A. Tanaka, N.R. Rimbey, T. DelCurto, P.A. Momont, M.L Porath. 2003. Economic implications of off-stream water developments to improve riparian grazing. J. Range Manage. 56:418-424. abstract available at: http://uvalde.tamu.edu/jrm/Sep03/stillings.htm
- Idaho Section Society for Range Management. Top Hand Award. 1989
- ISDA Director’s Cup. For Service and Dedication to Idaho Farmers and Ranchers. 2006
- ASA A4 Educational Materials Awards Program. Awards of Excellence. Idaho Forage Handbook. 2005
- Governor’s Award for Innovative Marketing Program. A to Z Retained Ownership, Inc. 1999
- Society for Range Management. Outstanding Achievement: Academia/Research. 2009
- Western Agricultural Economics Association. Outstanding Extension Program. 2007
- Idaho Section Society for Range Management, Special Appreciation Award. 2012