College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology
Ph.D., Natural Resource Economics, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, 2004
M.S., Applied Economics, University of Nevada, Reno, 2000
B.S., Applied Economics, University of Nevada, Reno, 1998
Primary research interest is around natural resource and environmental management and valuation.
- Elbakidze, L., and Y. Jin, “Victim Countries of Transnational Terrorism: An Empirical Characteristics Analysis.” Forthcoming, Risk Analysis.
- Elbakidze, L., R. Nayga, Hao, Li, “Willingness to Pay for Multiple Quantities of Animal Welfare Dairy Products: Results from Random Nth, Second Price, and Incremental Second Price Auctions,” accepted, Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics.
- Elbakidze, L R. Nayga, Hao, Li, “Willingness to Pay for Multiple Quantities of Animal Welfare Dairy Products: Results from Random Nth, Second Price, and Incremental Second Price Auctions”, accepted, Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics
- Elbakidze, L., and Y. Jin, “Victim Countries of Transnational Terrorism: An Empirical Characteristics Analysis” Forthcoming, Risk Analysis (2012)
- Elbakidze, L., X Shen, G. Taylor, S. Mooney, “Spatio-temporal Analysis of Prior Appropriations Water Calls”, Water Resources Research (2012), VOL. 48, W00L07, 13 PP., doi:10.1029/2011WR010609
- Elbakidze, L., and R. Nayga, “The effects of information on willingness to pay for animal welfare in dairy production: application of non-hypothetical valuation mechanisms”, Journal of Dairy Science, 95(3)(2012):1099-1107
- Elbakidze, L., L. Lu, S. Eigenbrode, “Evaluating Vector-Virus-Yield Interactions for Peas and Lentils under Climatic Variability: A Limited Dependent Variable Analysis” Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 36(3)(2011):504-520
- Elbakidze, L., L. Highfield, M. Ward, B. McCarl, and B. Norby, “Economic analysis of mitigation strategies for FMD introduction in highly concentrated animal feeding regions”, Review of Agricultural Economics, 31(4)(2009):931-950
- Jin, Y., B. McCarl, and L. Elbakidze, “Risk Assessment and Management of Animal Disease-Related Biosecurity”, International Journal of Risk Assessment and Management, 12(2/3/4), (2009):186-203
- Jin, Y., Power, G., and L. Elbakidze, “The Impact of North American BSE Events on Live Cattle Futures Prices” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, (December 2008): 1279-1286
Research program includes, but is not limited to, contexts involving public goods and externalities, risk assessment and management, invasive species and pest management, agricultural production, water resource management and valuation, climate change, and estimation of willingness to pay. Research projects include disciplinary studies as well as interdisciplinary collaborations.