Joseph F. Guenthner
College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology
Extension Economist, Professor
Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, Washington State University, 1987
M.S., Agricultural Economics, Montana State University, 1976
B.S., Agriculture, University of Wisconsin, 1974
Potato industry economics and marketing, price forecasting, and agri-business management.
Applied research and extension educational programs for growers and agri-business clientele.
Teaching related to agricultural price analysis and agricultural policy.
UI Faculty Athletic Representative to the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
- Maredia, Karim M., Joseph F. Guenthner, and Cholani K. Weebadde. 2012. “A biotechnology short course for developing coun-
tries.” Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education 19(1): 12-15.
- Greenway, Gina A., Joseph F. Guenthner, Larry D. Makus and Mark J. Pavek, 2011 “An Analysis of Organic Potato Demand in the US.” American Journal of Potato Research, 88(2):184-189.
- Guenthner, Joseph and Benjamin G. Swan, 2011 “Extension learners’ Use of Electronic Technology.” Journal of Extension, 49(1):1-9.
- Toevs, Elliott A. Toevs, Joseph F. Guenthner, Aaron J. Johnson, Christopher S. McIntosh and Michael K. Thornton, 2011 “An industry Perspective of “All Native” and Transgenic Potatoes.” AgBioForum, 14(1):14-19.
- Toevs, Elliott A., Joseph F. Guenthner, Aaron J. Johnson, Christopher S. McIntosh and Michael K. Thornton, 2011 “Identity Preservation Systems for Genetically Modified Potatoes.” American Journal for Potato Research, 88(4):303-308.
- Maredia, Karim M., Joseph F. Guenthner and Cholani K. Weebadde, 2011 “Biotechnology for a Better World: An International Short cCourse for Developing Countries.” Asian Biotechnology and Development Review, 13(2):31-42.
- Guenthner, Joseph, F., 2010 “Past, Present, and Future of World Potato Markets.” Potato Journal (India), 37(3)1-8.
- Greenway, Gina A., Joseph F. Guenthner, Larry D. Makus and Mark J. Pavek, 2010 “Fresh Potato and Meat Preferences by US Region.” Journal of Food Distribution Research, 41(2):12-25.
- Guenthner, Joseph F., 2010 “Past, Present, and Future of World Potato Markets: an Overview.” Potato Journal (India), 37(3):1-8.
- Moore, Lori L., Kimberly A. Gardner and Joseph F. Guenthner, 2008 “Potential use of Hartman’s Color Code Personality Profile to Enhance Classroom Group Projects.” 2008 North American College Teachers of Agriculture (NACTA) Journal, 4(2):9-16.
- University of Idaho Alumni Award for Faculty Excellence, 2009
- Excellence Award in Teaching, University of Idaho, 2008
- R.M. Wade Teacher of the Year Award, College of Agricultural & Life Sciences, 2007
- Idaho Governor’s Award for Excellence in Agriculture, 2007.
- Western Agricultural Economics Association Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, 2000