College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology
Associate Dean for Academic Programs, Professor
Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, Purdue University, 1991
M.S., Agricultural Economics, Ohio State University, 1981
B.S., Agricultural Economics, Ohio State University, 1979
Human Resource Management
Sales and Sales Management
- Barnard, F., J. Akridge, F. Dooly, and John Foltz. Agribusiness Management. 2012. Routledge Press.
- Foltz, John C., Aaron Johnson, and Stephen Devadoss, 2011 “Agribusiness Case Studies: Educational, Practical, Challenging and Rewarding.” NACTA Journal (North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture), Vol. 55, No. 1.
- Asiseh, Fafanyo, Yuliya Bolotova, Stephen Devadoss, John Foltz, and Robert Haggerty, 2010 “Factors Influencing Growth of Dairy Product Manufacturing in the United States.” International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, Vol. 13(2)101-116.
- Asiseh, Fafanyo, Yuliya Bolotova, Stephen Devadoss, John Foltz, and Robert Haggerty, 2009 “Factors Explaining Growth of Small and Medium-Large Food Manufacturing Businesses in the United States.” Journal of Food Distribution Research, Vol. XL (1)1-7.
- Foltz, John and Stephen Devadoss, 2008 “Enhancing Student Learning Experiences and Providing Value to the Agribusiness Industry by Building the Industry-Institution Interface.” Journal of Agribusiness, Vol. 26 (2)117-134.
- Foltz, John, Stacie Woodall, Philip Wandschneider, and R. G. Taylor, 2007 “The Contribution of the Grape and Wine Industry to Idaho’s Economy - Agribusiness and Tourism Impacts.” Journal of Agribusiness, Vol. 25(1) 77-91.
- Taylor, R. Garth, Stacie Woodall, Philip Wandschneider, and John Foltz, 2004 “The Demand for Wine Tourism in Canyon County, Idaho.” International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, Vol. 7(4) 58-75.
- Foltz, John, Shunxiang Wu, Larry Makus, and Wendy Elam, “Farm Manager Attitudes Regarding an Alternative Perennial Hay Crop in the Palouse Region of the Pacific Northwest.” Journal of Sustainable Agriculture, Vol. 25 (2)17-43.
- Foltz, John C., Hakan Araci, and Mahmut Kargin, 2003 “Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, and Consolidations in Agribusiness: An Example of an Acquisition (Acquisition of Continental Grain by Cargill).””Management and Economics.” Journal of College of Business Administration and Economics, Volume 9, Number 1-2, Celal Bayar University, Manisa, Turkey. 2003. pp. 135-156.
- Dasgupta, Siddhartha, John C. Foltz, and Bonnie Jacobsen, 2000 “Trout Steaks: Consumer Perceptions of a New Food Item.” Journal of Food Distribution Research, Vol. 31(3) 37-48.
- Regional Co-op Award, Northwest Regional Cooperative Conference, 2010
- University of Idaho Alumni Association, Award for Faculty Excellence (2), 2009
- Western Agricultural Economics Association, Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching in Agricultural Economics – more than 10 years, 2005
- Ohio State University Alumni Association, Robert M. Duncan Alumni Citizenship Award, 2005
- University of Idaho, Award for Teaching Excellence, 2001