Departments & Units
CALS is home to six academic departments that span a broad range of issues, including agriculture, community, human and rural development, natural resources and life sciences.
- Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology
- Agricultural and Extension Education
- Agricultural Systems Management
- Animal and Veterinary Science
- Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences
- Margaret Ritchie School of Family and Consumer Sciences
- UI/WSU School of Food Science
- Water Resources
Services — Administrative
The following units provide centralized support for CALS students and employees.
- Academic Programs
- Administrative Services | Computing Services
- Advancement | Communications
- Grant and Project Development
Analytical Sciences Laboratory
The Analytical Sciences Laboratory provides high quality analytical and research services.
Regional Approaches to Climate Change is a multi-institutional project focused on improving the long-term sustainability of agriculture within the Pacific Northwest.
Social Science Research Unit
The Social Science Research Unit is the only public survey research center in the state of Idaho with a call center.
Vandal Brand Meats
Vandal Brand Meats is a retail sales outlet for high-quality meat products generated by Animal and Veterinary Sciences faculty and students.