Responsibility for Creation of New Calendars
Calendars should only be created with the main Calendar Publisher account to prevent record-sharing issues. The Calendar Publisher should determine whether a calendar requires a submission form to permit public submission of events. If a submission form is required the Calendar Publisher should set it up to inform the chosen Editor upon submission.
Sharing New Calendars
- New Calendars should be shared with all other Publisher accounts with the “All of the Above and Publish” option selected.
- New calendars should be shared with all Editor accounts for viewing.
- The Calendar Publisher must determine which Editors require “Add, Delete and Change” access.
- If a calendar has a submission form the "Submitted" sub-calendar must be shared for editing to all other editor accounts to facilitate the workflow of cross-unit submission of events.
- Remember to click on the “Save Changes” button when updating account access or the access level will not be changed.
Publishing New Calendars
- New calendars should be published when created unless created for some utilitarian or training purpose.
- Once published, the new calendar should “Copy All Publish and Spuds Settings From...” with the Main University Calendar selected. This assures that the new calendar will have the same styles and settings as all other calendars.
- The default Calendar Spud should be selected only after the “Copy All Publish...” action is complete.
- After publishing steps are complete the Calendar Publisher should inform the Editor owning the new calendar and provide him/her with the script code required to place the calendar’s views and spuds and appropriate web pages.