Design Studios – The Heart of the Program
Design studios are a rehearsal for your future; they are your opportunity to put your newfound knowledge and skills to practice by creating virtual design solutions for actual clients. You gain important practical experience and develop a strong portfolio of your work.
The Virtual Design and Technology program is equipped with the full suite of tools you need to develop creative virtual environments and to effectively transition between the tangible and digital worlds. We partner with you to ensure you have access to the very latest technologies, including necessary software programs and hardware.
Through your classes and studio work, you become proficient in the use of these technologies, and learn how to creatively apply these tools to enhance your end-users’ experience.
Our facilities include:
- Motion-capture system: Using this technology, you can translate body movements into digital data and apply it to characters in virtual worlds through imbedded files or in real-time.
- 3D projection: Our complete suite of 3D equipment and software allows you to explore firsthand how 3D projection can be used to enhance your end-users experience of the virtual worlds.
- 3D digitizer: This technology captures the physical properties of a tangible object and converts it to digital.
- Wired and wireless Networks: The program and University offers full connectivity. Through the use of Skype, instant messaging, virtual worlds, and other digital communication tools, your learning and collaborative studio work extends beyond the physical studio space.
- Shop facility: Our workshop is outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment, including a CNC machine and laser cutters. You have all the tools you need to transform digital objects into tangible objects.