The program is located within the College of Art and Architecture and is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
- 3D modeling, animation, character design
- World building (e.g. Second Life, game engines)
- Spatial design
- Design in at least four dimensions (x,y, z, and time)
- How to transform digital to tangible, and tangible to digital
- How to design virtual experiences that affect all five of the human senses
You have the flexibility to focus on an area of VTD that best fits your interests and to take electives that support your personal career goals. For example, if you want a career creating animated films, elective classes in theater would be a good choice.
From video game creation and film animation, to forensic analysis and virtual world design, the opportunities for professional virtual designers are diverse. You may become a creative team member in the following areas:
- Computer games
- Serious games / Simulations (non-entertainment)
- Real estate development