The Gaming, Simulation & Visualization (VTD) program serves two major emphases: Game/Entertainment Design and Visualization/Simulation but, more importantly, our problem solving integrates many other areas of study, including design, technology, art, computer science, humanities, and the social sciences. You learn to use the latest digital tools to create effective virtual environments for a variety of purposes. You explore:
- 3D modeling, animation, character design
- World building (e.g. game engines)
- Spatial design
- Design in at least four dimensions (x,y, z, and time)
- How to transform digital to tangible, and tangible to digital
- How to design virtual experiences that affect all five of the human senses
You have the flexibility to focus on the area that best fits your interests and to take electives that support your personal career goals. For example, if you want a career creating animated films, elective classes in theater would be a good choice.