The VTD program integrates several areas of study, including design, virtual technology, art, computer science, humanities, and the social sciences. You learn to use the latest virtual design tools to create effective virtual environments for a variety of purposes. You explore:
- 3D modeling, animation, character design
- World building (e.g. Second Life, game engines)
- Spatial design
- Design in at least four dimensions (x,y, z, and time)
- How to transform digital to tangible, and tangible to digital
- How to design virtual experiences that affect all five of the human senses
You have the flexibility to focus on an area of VTD that best fits your interests and to take electives that support your personal career goals. For example, if you want a career creating animated films, elective classes in theater would be a good choice.