8:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m., M-F
4 hours/day on weekends
The Computer Studio provides technology resources for students who are majoring in architecture, interior design, landscape architecture or virtual technology and design.
Students have access to the tools and resources they need for classroom and studio projects, including the latest software applications and related hardware often utilized in the industry. Students learn how to incorporate computer technology into their design process and they gain valuable firsthand practice in the technologies they’ll use frequently in their professional careers.
- CAD (Computer Aided Design) – AutoCAD Architecture (Autodesk), Revit Architecture (Autodesk) and Civil 3D (Autodesk)
- Modeling/Animation – 3DS Max (Autodesk), 3DS Max Design (Autodesk), Rhino (McNeel North America), Google Sketch Up
- Image Editing – Photoshop (Adobe)
- Page Layout – Illustrator (Adobe)
- Document Layout – InDesign (Adobe)
- Video/Web Development – Premiere Pro, Video Editing (Adobe); Encore, DVD Development (Adobe); Soundbooth, Audio Editing (Adobe); Flash Professional (Adobe); After Effects (Adobe)
- Document Output – Acrobat Professional (Adobe)
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) – ArcGIS
- Virtual Real-Time Environments – Torque Game Engine (GarageGames), Torque Game Engine Advanced (GarageGames), VirTools (Dassault Systèmes’), Second Life (Linden Labs)
- Computers – Workstation level computers using Windows Operating system. The workstations are determined by the software they support.
- Digitizers – 2D Digitizer and 3D Digitizer
- Scanners – Multiple flatbed scanners including 11"x17” platen transparency support for slides and other transparent original media)
- Printing – Three large format printers (two supporting 36” wide media, one supporting 24” wide media)
- Laser Printers – 10 laser printers
- Digital Projection – 6 permanently mounted digital projectors located throughout the college, 4 portable projectors available for checkout by faculty, staff and students
- Workspaces – 9 notebook workspaces enabled with a 19" flat-panel monitor, power and 100 mbit network connection
The Computer Studio is typically open 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and a minimum of four hours per day on the weekends. Late passes are available to students who need to work in the studio after-hours.