Phone: (208) 885-6781
Fax: (208) 885-9428
College of Art and Architecture
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2451
Moscow, Idaho 83844-2451
phone: (208) 364-4540
Idaho Urban Research & Design Center
University of Idaho
322 E Front Street, Suite120
Boise, ID 83702
Prepare to thrive in the progressive and rewarding field of architecture with a degree from the University of Idaho architecture program.
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture
- Master of Architecture (M. Arch) professionally accredited
- Master of Science in Architecture research-focused
What You Learn
Here, you develop a comprehensive understanding of the role of architecture in shaping the built environment and influencing everyday experiences. Through classroom learning, design studios, and hands-on programs, you:
- Tackle real design problems, especially in the areas of sustainability and community and urban design.
- Refine your technical design skills including drawing, model-making and digital technologies
- Develop your design ideas from a strong concept to a buildable proposal, integrating your growing understanding of site, architecture history and theory, construction technologies, structures, and passive and active environmental control systems.
- Participate in internships and international study programs.
- Collaborate with other majors in landscape architecture, interior design, virtual technology and design, art and bioregional planning.
- Engage in leading architectural research.
You also have the chance to explore urban design by spending a year or more at the Idaho Urban Research and Design Center (IURDC) in Boise. The Integrated Design Laboratory, also in Boise, provides opportunities for research and outreach in daylighting, the design of high-performance buildings, and other sustainable practices.
What’s more, our location in the College of Art and Architecture allows you to develop a solid creative foundation in both art and architecture – something you won’t get from many other architecture programs.