College of Art and Architecture
phone: (208) 885-4409
fax: (208) 885-9428
College of Art & Architecture
University of Idaho
835 Pine Street
Moscow, ID 83844-2461
Step 1 - Apply for Admission
Send your official transcripts from all colleges and universities that you have previously attended along with any AP/IB credit to:
University of Idaho
PO Box 444264
Moscow, ID 83844-4264
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions will automatically forward your transcripts to the University of Idaho Registrar for formal evaluation and posting to VandalWeb.
Pick the program below that you would like to transfer into.
Students may transfer into the BID program at the second year or third year level. Applications are required for admittance into both the second and third year levels for all ID majors. Successful applicants will have completed program requirements or transfer equivalents.
Transfer application at the second year is recommended. Pre-requisites include 9 credits of foundation design courses, 3 credits of architectural drafting (hand) as well as UI core (general education) requirements. The minimum GPA is 2.5, and applications are due in early May each year.
Students may transfer at third year; however there are a number of required pre-requisites that may not be offered at all community colleges or universities. Please contact the Interior Design program for more information and to receive a preliminary transfer evaluation of your existing college transcript. The minimum GPA is 2.5 and a portfolio is required.
Transfer Students Who Have a University Degree in another Discipline
Students with a degree from another university or the University of Idaho in a discipline other than Landscape Architecture may apply to the Three-Year professional MLA degree. Students admitted to this program participate in an accelerated “bridging year” and then move directly into the graduate studio with students pursuing the Five+ MLA program.
Transfer Students with an Undergraduate Degree in Landscape Architecture from Another University
Students who already have a degree in Landscape Architecture from another university may apply for the 1.5 -2 Year Post Professional version of the MLA. This option is desirable for students who may wish to pursue a research specialization in Landscape Architecture, consider teaching at the university level and/or obtain their MLA to advance their career.
- They have successfully completed Art121 - Integrated Design Process (or an approved equivalent) or VTD152 - Introduction to Virtual Design (or an approved equivalent)
- They have successfully completed VTD244 - Introduction to Modeling (or an approved equivalent)
- They have successfully completed VTD266 - Animation (or an approved equivalent)
Transfer students can apply to the 3rd year design studio (vtd355) if they meet the following conditions:
Design Studios - 10 Credits
- Art121 - Integrated Design Process (2 cr) (or an approved equivalent)
- VTD152 - Introduction to Virtual Design (2 cr) (or an approved equivalent)
- VTD253 2nd year Studio (3 cr) (or an approved equivalent)
- VTD254 2nd year Studio (3 cr) (or an approved equivalent)
Technical Studios - 12 Credits
- VTD244 - Introduction to Modeling (3 cr) (or an approved equivalent)
- VTD266 - Animation (3 cr) (or an approved equivalent)
- VTD271 - Interactive Technology (3 cr) (or an approved equivalent)
Additionally, students transferring into the 3rd year must complete one (1) of the following or an approved equivalent:
- VTD245 - Advanced Modeling (3 cr) (or an approved equivalent)
- VTD246 - Advanced Lighting and Materials (3 cr) (or an approved equivalent)
- VTD367 - Advanced Animation (3 cr) (or an approved equivalent)
- VTD372 - Advanced Interactive Technologies (3 cr) (or an approved equivalent)