University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Dr. MS 2014
Moscow, ID 83844-2014
1080 W. 6th Street
Wallace Residence Center
Moscow, ID 83844-2014
Phone: (208) 885-5507
Fax: (208) 885-5904
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Business Technologies Services Catalog
- Product research – check for compatibility with existing systems and data structures
- Project management – technology implementation planning and support
- Process analysis and evaluation – introduce technology solutions to business processes
- Coordination and communication with other UI entities and departments
- Ongoing support for servers and systems, both virtual and physical
- Database backup and restore
- Support for other IP based devices
- Access rights and user assistance
Desktop Services (Help Desk Services)
- Registration, upgrade and setup of workstations, printers and other IP related devices
- User assistance with using above devices
- Installation and support involved with UI supported software packages and operating systems
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues for end users
- Physical setup of computer and network based equipment
- Low level data recovery
- Website assistance and maintenance
- Web based programming
- Dynamic website generation
- Web based applications and support
- Consultation with third party vendors
- Database design and programming
- Integration with Banner
- Specialized queries, reports and data retrieval
- Custom client applications
- Classroom style instructions on various topics
- Specialized training upon request
- Kaizen training point events
- Laptop computers available for checkout
- Projectors available for checkout
- Meeting Equipment setup services
- Online meetings created for remote user attendance
Wallace Residence Center Room 204
Campus Zip Code - 1205
(208) 885-5507 Fax: (208) 885-6606
Departments of Auxiliary Services and Parking and Transportation Services on the University of Idaho Campus.
Students living on campus with University Housing are provided with Help Desk Services only.
We provide these services during regular working hours Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. These services will also be provided on an on call basis, after hours and on weekends for items deemed as “emergency” (up to 1 hour response time) or with advanced notice for special event needs.
Customer Procedures for starting, changing or ending service:
We are unable to provide component level repairs on any device. Maintenance support for printers is limited to actual setup of the device on the network, troubleshooting and use problems. We are unable to provide actual repair work on printers.
All requests for service must have an associated Service Ticket created.
Customer can submit Service Ticket requests by simply calling the Business Technologies Helpdesk, 885-5507, by sending an email to the Help Desk at
Departments pay annual support costs through Auxiliary Services. No additional charges apply. Licensing fees for software or hardware repair done out-of-warranty and new equipment purchases must be paid by the requesting department. Travel expenses associated with offsite support will be paid for by the requesting department.
Students are provided with Help Desk Support at no charge.