Fish Culture and Experiment Station
3059 National Fish Hatchery Road #F
Hagerman, Idaho 83332
Research & Extension Center
CSI Evergreen Building
315 Falls Avenue East
Twin Falls, Idaho 83301
821 W. Idaho Street
Boise, ID 83702
M-F: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Parking is available in the Eastman Garage located above the VandalStore with entrances on both Idaho and Main Street.
Stepwise Expansion Plan Utilizing Existing Resources And Cooperation With Other Institutions
- Step 1: Recommend to the State Board of Education, the Governor, and the Legislature that Idaho and WWAMI proceed with a feasibility planning for a four-year medical program in Idaho, including operating budget, capital budget, facility needs analysis, curriculum, student's costs and debt loads, and implementation time line.
- Step 2: Initially increase current WWAMI medical student seats in Idaho to 40 new students per year, with a plan for further increases over the next 10 years, as funding becomes available; expand the corresponding number of clinical training sites in Idaho for 3rd and 4th year medical students.
- Step 3: Fund an Idaho WWAMI Graduate Medical Education branch office in Boise; appoint statewide Graduate Medical Education Advisory Board for Idaho; expand current residencies and develop new Idaho residency options.
- Step 4: Complete development of 2nd year medical program in Boise, under University of Idaho-WWAMI leadership and in partnership with Boise hospitals, the VA Medical Center, medical residencies, Boise State University, Idaho State University, community physicians, and educational technology resources with the University of Washington School of Medicine.
- Step 5: Once all four years are established in Idaho and graduate medical education has been expanded, create an Idaho–WWAMI College of Medicine, a partnership among universities, residencies, hospitals, and physicians, under the University of Washington School of Medicine’s continuing accreditation.