Master’s Degree (with principal certification)
EdAd 509 Policy & Politics for Educational Leaders
EdAd 513 Administration of Special Education Law
EdAd 528 Leading with Data Driven Decisions
EdAd 530 Ethical Leadership & Law in Education
EdAd 533 Multicultural Diversity & Ed Leadership
EdAd 534 The Principalship
EdAd 535 School Finance
EdAd 570 Foundations of Ed Research
EdAd 595 Administration & Supervision of Personnel
EdAd 598 Internship (Advisor approval needed)
Total – 30 credit hours
Specialist Degree (with superintendent certification)
EdAd 570 Foundations of Ed Research or other research course approved by advisor
EdAd 571 Ed Leadership in a Global Society
EdAd 584 Bargaining/Mediation/Arbitration
EdAd 586 Advanced School Finance
EdAd 587 The Superintendency
EdAd 592 School Community Relations
EdAd 593 School Facilities Planning & Maintenance
EdAd 594 Theory in Ed Administration
EdAd 598 Internship, Central Office
Plus One elective course
And An earned Master’s degree to total a minimum of 60 credit hours in accordance with college, graduate school and University requirements.
Program information subject to change.
- Coursework leading to principal certification may be taken to complete the specialist degree if a master’s degree is already held.
- Non-degree Certification Only plans may be written by advisers as well to meet State certification requirements.
- The specialist degree is considered the interim degree between a master’s and doctorate.
- A specialist degree also may be earned by completion of the principal certification or non-certification course work.
- Degree study plans may be revised to accommodate spe¬cific needs. There are no cohort group restrictions - start, continue and complete your degree at your own pace.
- Courses are offered live, through videoconferencing, online or Web-assisted. It is possible to take most classes online with adviser approval.