Fish Culture and Experiment Station
3059 National Fish Hatchery Road #F
Hagerman, Idaho 83332
Research & Extension Center
CSI Evergreen Building
315 Falls Avenue East
Twin Falls, Idaho 83301
821 W. Idaho Street
Boise, ID 83702
M-F: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Parking is available in the Eastman Garage located above the VandalStore with entrances on both Idaho and Main Street.
University of Idaho Boise is a center of collaboration among government, business and higher education dedicated to teaching, research, scholarship and service to Idaho and the nation.
With a unique focus on stewardship, policy and research related to Idaho’s critical water and other natural resources, the University of Idaho Boise advances our knowledge of water and energy conservation and the importance of sustaining our economy and ecosystems.
Partners joining the University of Idaho in this location are:
- Idaho Department of Water Resources
- USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain
- Research Station
- CH2M Hill, Engineers and Planners
- Idaho State University Geosciences
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
University of Idaho Boise's primary location is the Idaho Water Center on Front Street in Boise. This 215,000-square-foot, six-story, pre-cast concrete and glass office, classroom and laboratory building houses a world-class River Simulation laboratory. The “green” building design incorporates environmental features that help conserve water and energy including:
- Geothermal water for heating ; cold water aquifer for cooling
- 18” raised floors that distribute conditioned air through floor diffusers
- Energy-efficient glass and exterior shading reduce solar gain and minimize energy consumption especially at times of peak energy demand
- High quality indirect-direct lineal fluorescent lighting with motion sensors to switch off lights
GREEN COMMUNITY PROGRAMS
The University of Idaho participates in Idaho Power’s Green Power Program to assist in the production of wind, solar and hydro power in the northwest. Current contributions help reduce co2 – the equivalent of 556 cars off the road for one year.
In 2009 the University of Idaho Boise facility earned the prestigious ENERGY STAR AWARD - the mark of superior energy performance of the most efficient buildings in the nation. By taking this important step along the path to energy efficiency, we not only save money – we are preventing the release of greenhouse gases and protecting the environment.