The Employee Dependent Tuition Waiver will be included in the student’s total financial aid award package as a financial resource which may require that federal aid be adjusted as a result of receiving an additional financial resource (including this waiver, scholarships, etc.) In addition, there are federal regulations and University policies that prohibit a student from receiving awards in excess of their total university-defined cost of attendance.
- Financial aid from sources outside of the university as defined below is not affected by this employee dependent tuition waiver.
- Outside agency scholarships/grants which are typically funded through community/civic organizations, private companies, some government agencies, e.g., AmeriCorps, National Science Foundation
- Idaho State Board of Education Scholarships/Grants/Work Study funded through the State of Idaho
- Federal funds
- Scholarships which are funded by gifts to the University of Idaho and processed through the University of Idaho Foundation (i.e. donor-funded University scholarships, e.g., Hamilton scholarship)
- Institutional student loan programs
- For students receiving an institutionally-funded scholarship the student may receive a combination of the institutionally-funded scholarship and the dependent waiver up to a maximum of $2267 per semester. Institutionally-funded scholarships will be paid to the student and any additional eligibility will be paid by the dependent waiver, up to a maximum of $2267 per semester.
- Example for student receiving institutionally-funded scholarship: Student receives $750 in an institutionally-funded scholarship per semester for the 2013-14 academic year. As the dependent of an eligible employee, that student will receive the $750 scholarship + $1517 waiver=$2267 for each semester.